One good thing about wearing a mask

D

Deleted member 18588

It felt weird putting a mask on before going into the bank the other day....
I don't think I have been inside a bank for five years or more.

No wonder branches are closing.?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Nobody notices you have not shaved.

Not if you are looking after our Covid patients as the fit mask test you have to undergo requires men to be clean shaven to ensure as airtight a seal as possible. Fortunately I don't have to so happy to have a few days of stubble in my role. A few of the male nurses not happy about having to shave regularly

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Next time I travel anywhere I won't look so 'scoffingly' and 'dismissively' upon Chinese/Japanese/Koreans wearing masks.

A couple of years ago I was on the Portavadie - Tarbert ferry out in the middle of the Clyde estuary, beautiful scenery and lovely fresh sea air. I then saw a few middle eastern persons wearing face masks and I genuinely chuckled to myself thinking it was beautiful clean fresh air and a bit OTT to be wearing a face covering.

Fast forward to September 2020 I was on the same ferry again wearing a face mask!!!!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A couple of years ago I was on the Portavadie - Tarbert ferry out in the middle of the Clyde estuary, beautiful scenery and lovely fresh sea air. I then saw a few middle eastern persons wearing face masks and I genuinely chuckled to myself thinking it was beautiful clean fresh air and a bit OTT to be wearing a face covering.

Fast forward to September 2020 I was on the same ferry again wearing a face mask!!!!
...and when you reflect back to that day I am guessing that if the you on that day had been told what was coming down the round...well...and when I myself reflect back to such days I have to push my 'sadness' as to where we are today out of mind - just got to live today :(

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
...when out and about I don't get folks who know me saying 'ooh - you've lost weight - I can see you cheekbones...' as that just reminds me that for many years I was a very Mr Chubby Cheeks and didn't care :)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
You can pull it over your eyes when yer mum walks into the kitchen in her dressing gown and teeth out ?