Boards in clubhouse

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We are in the middle of a major refurbishment of our clubhouse. All the boards are being removed. I think only the Men's and Ladies' Scratch Champion boards are being retained in the respective locker rooms.
Not finished yet but already everywhere looks lighter, brighter and bigger.
I am now told that some boards but only back to 2000 will now be acrylic and placed in a new lounge area. All historic photos and information of Competition winners will be in albums in this lounge.

but

Golfnut1957

Visit site
One of the funniest thinks you see is when you've had years of letter all the same size then you get the odd name that's twice the size of the others. I can only assume those were organised by the winner 🤣
Back in the day I won our Captains Cup. Qualifying over 8 weeks, top 16 scores into a knockout last man standing wins. It wasn't a major, but it was a decent win, and it came with the biggest trophy in the cabinet, a huge monstrous thing.
After presentation night I got to keep it for a while and while I had it I undid the screws on the bottom and turned the base around ensuring my name was plumb in the front. It was there for years until someone gazumped me:)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
We still have the past captains and club champion boards in gold lettering, all up to date
We use to have pictures [ some scary :ROFLMAO: ] of the past captains all the way back to 1905, displayed high up around the lounge looking down at you :eek:.
They're now stored in a dusty cupboard and may be made into one smaller display at some point.

D-S

Visit site
I was talking to a club recently about eligibility criteria for comps and when I questioned a particular draconian stipulation they said that it was ok as it was only for 'Board Competitions', I then asked how many they of these they had - 37 was the reply!

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our boards haven't been updated since about 2018, because they reached the bottom. We have about 30 named comps (ridiculous) and have been discussing how to cull them. It looks like it will be restricted to about 10 comps now inc the ladies. My view is that is should only be the Club Championship in the clubhouse as that is the main comp. All the other comps could go on a rolling page on the website.