NR's

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

It's pointless carrying on. With scores like that you are not going to win anything and for handicap purposes those huge numbers get rounded down to nett double bogeys anyway so why hold up everyone behind you?

Once someone has got into double figures in a hole they should be picking up and then look to play it as a Stableford adjustment for HC

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What is it with people that refuse to NR? A guy (11 hcp) in my club championship today played the 10th (par 4) and 11th (par 3) in 18 and 16 shots respectively. Finished with 124, a mere 54 over par. I bet the groups behind were delighted! :rolleyes:
How does an 11 capper ( decent golfer obviously) get an 18.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
...Holed out for an 8 on a par 4 with a shot. But as it was early in the round (5th) I knew things were recoverable and so I did not want to NR the round.
+1

A couple of weeks ago I was having a good round in a medal, then on the par 4 13th took my brain out of gear.
It was my own fault, attempting a high tariff shot - and then trying it again after losing the first ball o_O

But I soldiered on for a 9, because I knew I could still get a respectable score - but not with a NR.
In the end, I came 2nd in the division - losing by 1 shot :cry:

D

Deleted member 23270

The same guy shot 111 today with a 9 and two 11's on his card. Because of his poor round yesterday he was at the front of the field today so he had a full course backing up behind him. 18 NRs today out of the 99 that started the 2nd round.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
It’s a bit strange nowadays when you can nr a hole on a stroke card so all the other benefits of players inputting a score are still there.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It’s a bit strange nowadays when you can nr a hole on a stroke card so all the other benefits of players inputting a score are still there.
Well unless I am sorely mistaken or I misunderstand your point that's not really true. Just one single NR on a strokeplay 'medal' card will NR the whole round - unlike when it is a strokeplay competition with stableford scoring - when it won't. An NR on a card will have the same effect in respect of your HI regardless of strokeplay medal or stableford scoring.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Well unless I am sorely mistaken or I misunderstand your point that's not really true. Just one single NR on a strokeplay 'medal' card will NR the whole round - unlike when it is a strokeplay competition with stableford scoring - when it won't. An NR on a card will have the same effect in respect of your HI regardless of strokeplay medal or stableford scoring.
Yep you are missing my point. If you’re as out of it as the OP suggests there’s no real point in continuing above double figures on really bad holes. You might as well use the did not score function on the computer. It’ll be an NR on the table but all the other inputs on course difficulty and HI impacts etc. will be in place.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Yep you are missing my point. If you’re as out of it as the OP suggests there’s no real point in continuing above double figures on really bad holes. You might as well use the did not score function on the computer. It’ll be an NR on the table but all the other inputs on course difficulty and HI impacts etc. will be in place.
The point is being missed because your posts sound like jibberish. Try explaining again in plain English.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I've never seen anyone shoot over 10 on one hole. Can you explain the he shots he took for the hole? I'm very intrigued

Pop down to my club and ill show you who to follow for some entertainment then! :ROFLMAO:

They happen all the time!

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The same guy shot 111 today with a 9 and two 11's on his card. Because of his poor round yesterday he was at the front of the field today so he had a full course backing up behind him. 18 NRs today out of the 99 that started the 2nd round.

Does this guy have a vanity handicap or just going through a pretty horrific patch of form?!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Hows this guy off 11 then?

Has he developed the shanks?!

Swango1980

Visit site
What is it with people that refuse to NR? A guy (11 hcp) in my club championship today played the 10th (par 4) and 11th (par 3) in 18 and 16 shots respectively. Finished with 124, a mere 54 over par. I bet the groups behind were delighted! :rolleyes:
If he NR'ed in the first round, would he have been excluded from the second round draw? If so, maybe he still wanted to play on the second day, in the hope he'd at least have a better round and something that, at least, counts towards handicap.

I've no issues with people fighting on to score as best they can, despite being way out of contention. Just like I have no issues with professionals who hole out on every hole, even though they are clearly never making the cut.

It would be interesting to know what caused the 18 and 16 scores. They could have been lots of looking for lost balls, going back for stroke and distance, etc and therefore taken ages. Or, they could have been terrible shots, and automatically taking stroke and distance immediately several times, plus the odd quick duffed chip and/or missed short putt at the end of it all, and not actually taken much longer than average.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Hows this guy off 11 then?

Has he developed the shanks?!

I played in an open with a fella who apparently used to be off 8 but gave up the game for a while and was given a handicap of 19 on his return.

He had the worse case of the shanks I have ever seen. It was painful to watch/play with. His front 9 consisted of 68 shots!

I actually played with him in a comp at our place recently and he had thankfully recovered and was probably entering bandit territory with his HI.

D

Deleted member 23270

I've no idea who the guy is, suspect he might be a new member. Lots of guys NR'd on the first day but still played next day so that can't have been his reason.