NR's

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23270

What is it with people that refuse to NR? A guy (11 hcp) in my club championship today played the 10th (par 4) and 11th (par 3) in 18 and 16 shots respectively. Finished with 124, a mere 54 over par. I bet the groups behind were delighted! :rolleyes:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
What is it with people that refuse to NR? A guy (11 hcp) in my club championship today played the 10th (par 4) and 11th (par 3) in 18 and 16 shots respectively. Finished with 124, a mere 54 over par. I bet the groups behind were delighted! :rolleyes:
And his playing partners....
I can just about understand keeping going to double figures in a Club Champs because there may still be a minute chance for the handicap prize if the rest of thenround is good..
But when you hit the teens you're well past redemption - give it up....

D

Deleted member 23270

The rest of the round was a mixture of doubles, trebles and worse!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the guys I play with (40 handicap) scored a 21 on one hole recently in a medal round. Luckily at the time he was in the group behind.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shouldn't there be a handicap limit for playing medals? Thoughts?

Not necessary where I play, we play in divisions. However where a trophy is part of the competition it may well be won by a high handicap player e.g. our Centenary Trophy last Saturday was won by player with a playing handicap of 48.

wjemather

Visit site
No problem at all with that - people who refuse to pick up when they can't score in a Stableford however...

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s just a typical selfish attitude that you see with some people

D

Deleted member 23270

Never give up, never surrender. Nobody likes a quitter.
It's pointless carrying on. With scores like that you are not going to win anything and for handicap purposes those huge numbers get rounded down to nett double bogeys anyway so why hold up everyone behind you?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
No problem at all with that - people who refuse to pick up when they can't score in a Stableford however...
Well…to an extent - a large extent I agree.

I‘m OK with anyone playing on until they have played nett 2 over par and not holed out…then maybe pick up. That said…Yesterday I didn’t. Holed out for an 8 on a par 4 with a shot. But as it was early in the round (5th) I knew things were recoverable and so I did not want to NR the round. As it happens I did recover as described elsewhere for 36pts and (last time I looked) a top 10 finish in the comp…which was nice given the mess on that hole.

I’m also guessing some don’t appreciate that even in medal play an NR on any hole does not DQ the card from counting for handicap purposes.

Yes…once the shots taken hit 10 then I quite sympathetically point out things no longer matter.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
It's pointless carrying on. With scores like that you are not going to win anything and for handicap purposes those huge numbers get rounded down to nett double bogeys anyway so why hold up everyone behind you?
Think he said it with tongue in cheek ?