North Berwick

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
One of my best mates is a member at the Burgess but I've never quite got around to playing it.
My son played with his son and really enjoyed it decent parkland course by all accounts.

RRidges

Visit site
One of my best mates is a member at the Burgess but I've never quite got around to playing it.
My son played with his son and really enjoyed it decent parkland course by all accounts.
That's probably a reasonable description. But there are plenty of those in Edinburgh. I was a bit surprised it wasn't better, but 'it's not actually about the golf' was my host's quote.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That's probably a reasonable description. But there are plenty of those in Edinburgh. I was a bit surprised it wasn't better, but 'it's not actually about the golf' was my host's quote.
I think it's changing my mate didn't really join for the social side but he has just been a bit to busy to play much golf. I used to play with him a bit before he joined

AliMc

Visit site
What waiting lists lol
Every links course has closed their lists.
Craigielaw fees have shot up considerably but still have to wait years. Glen has closed its list.
Kilspindie might open theirs again in December
Winterfield only called the first 149 people on this years waiting list lol.
Royal Musselburgh is tough to get a tee time on.
Haddington is fine but even there membership has more than doubled over the last 2 years.
Golf in East Lothian is crazy busy at the moment.
Im selling up and moving to the Scottish Borders next year so will go through the rigmarole of finding a new course again.

At one point I seriously tried to consider whether my SIPP could purchase a debenture hahaha.
If your are moving to the east side of the Borders then Goswick is the place to go, full membership around £600 with no joining fee

peld

Visit site
im playing the open at Burgess on sunday - never played it. Always wanted to play it but the comments i get now its "lovely nick but a bit dull!!

AliMc

Visit site
im playing the open at Burgess on sunday - never played it. Always wanted to play it but the comments i get now its "lovely nick but a bit dull!!
I'm sure you will enjoy it they will have it in great condition I would imagine. The context to my comments about it are that I worked for the City of Edinburgh Council and played in their works club, most of the outings were at Edinburgh courses and being a 'Links' snob i didn't enjoy many of them. For the clubs 125th anniversary they got a good deal to go to Burgess and convinced me to go as it would be great, I watched a guy putting on the 18th with 3 balls from about 10 feet and he left each about 2 foot short the greens were that slow, I really didn't enjoy it but as I said I'm sure you will on Sunday

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played Burgess a few years ago and though it was in good condition I wasn't overly impressed with the layout, esp after the couple of members I played with bigging it up so much.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Bruntsfield have spent a lot of money on the course recently and apparently it is very good now.
Have played Burgess - a bit meh!
My club has a reciprocal arrangement in place with Bruntsfield Links - goodness knows how or why as it's a long way from Farnham to Embra for a round of golf. And so I have not yet availed myself of that pleasure.

Brads

Visit site
If your are moving to the east side of the Borders then Goswick is the place to go, full membership around £600 with no joining fee
A work mate is a member there and loves it.
I’m likely moving more central .
It’ll be the house that decides rather than the area .
Most places from biggar to Duns are in the running.