Calling all low handicappers! Callaway Chrome Soft ball day, North Hants GC, June 30th

gopher99

Visit site
I will give it a shot, I have a natural high ball flight and spin the ball a lot. Not as in spin it off the green all the time, the ball tends to float up on me.

D

Deleted member 15344

The LS is a very good ball. The only thing for me is that it doesn't spin enough when the greens are summer firm compared to a ProV1x

First full round with one today - very good off the tee and irons into greens . Just need to get used to them being a bit clicky when chipping and putting

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've the CSX and LS
The CSX doesn't seem as clicky as the LS but obviously spins a bit more..seems very similar to the ProV1x..
Not keen on the triple track but I'm fine with the Truvis
Standard CS is still a good all-round ball for most..
It's a shame the price seems to be a bit closer to Titleist than it maybe ought to be....

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I put my name forward for the day, but not selected. :(

Perhaps 4.7 wasn't low enough. Reduced that to 3.9 on Wednesday, however. :)

If I had gone I would probably have felt too knackered to play today at 7:46am social game.
Played with a Callaway Supersoft that I found the other day. Made 4 birdies, won the betterball matchplay 6&5, and shot one-under gross. :)

Won a box of 12 Chromesofts at a Captain's exchange day at Belton Park in May. Not touched them yet.
I'll just have to make my own unprofessional assessment when I eventually give 'em a bash. :D

D

Deleted member 15344

They're brilliant in the wind

Yeah that’s been very evident today with the ball penetrating the wind very well - it was also something mentioned by the Callaway rep
I've the CSX and LS
The CSX doesn't seem as clicky as the LS but obviously spins a bit more..seems very similar to the ProV1x..
Not keen on the triple track but I'm fine with the Truvis
Standard CS is still a good all-round ball for most..
It's a shame the price seems to be a bit closer to Titleist than it maybe ought to be....

Do you swap between the LS and CSX much ? Do you think it works ok

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yeah that’s been very evident today with the ball penetrating the wind very well - it was also something mentioned by the Callaway rep

Do you swap between the LS and CSX much ? Do you think it works ok
I've been using CSX with the wind and LS against it...
I can live with the difference in feel, its not that much, and the LS does go better into a breeze than the CSX...and the extra spin of the CSX helps a bit more downwind..

D

Deleted member 15344

I've been using CSX with the wind and LS against it...
I can live with the difference in feel, its not that much, and the LS does go better into a breeze than the CSX...and the extra spin of the CSX helps a bit more downwind..

Cheers - will try the CSX on a calmer day and see how I go.