Calling all low handicappers! Callaway Chrome Soft ball day, North Hants GC, June 30th

elliottH

www.golf-monthly.co.uk
Hi all,

We’re looking for three golfers to join staff writer and former tour pro Sam De’Ath for a round of golf testing the latest Callaway Chrome Soft golf ball range.

The event will be taking place on June 30th at North Hants Golf Club in Hampshire. The only vitally important prerequisite is that you won’t have played with a Chrome Soft ball before!

We are also looking for golfers on the lower end of the handicap spectrum. As part of the day, you'll get the play with (and keep) the various iterations of the Chrome Soft balls as well as some other Callaway goodies and maybe even some apparel from Travis Mathew too.

To be considered for this exclusive opportunity you need to be free on this day and able to travel to North Hants GC for a 10am start on June 30th. You will also need to be willing to take part in Golf Monthly digital and magazine content during the day.

To apply please send the below details on an email to joel.tadman@futurenet.com with Chrome Soft Opportunity 2023 as the subject line.

- Name
- Forum name
- Handicap
- Shoe size
- Apparel Sizes
- Current What’s in the bag (including ball)

Applications close at midnight on June 19th, the golfers who have been selected will be contacted via email by June 21st.

Good luck!

D

Deleted member 1147

Never played Callaway balls, if free I’ll put my name in the hat

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This thread desperately needs a definition of what a low handicap golfer is.
I'd have guessed single figures for a start. They probably haven't defined it just in case they don't get many entries and they might have to just take the lowest of the applications they get.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
They may not like their results being skewed by a golfer using a mashie and niblick though... 😉🤣 Good luck all.
That would be interesting, but I was considering using HB&S Max Faulkner Avenger woods 2, 4, 6 and East Brothers Diamatic irons 3-SW as I've recently re-gripped all of these.

03.jpg04.jpg
01.JPG05.JPG

And there would still be room in the bag for a Craigton Driver

Craigton driver.jpg

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
North Hants is hosting Open qualifying earlier that week so the course should be in good nick.

Rough is also brutal at the moment so if someone else is paying for balls it’s a good deal.

Also if you’ve not seen it check out the Justin Rose room 👍

D

Deleted member 15344

Just back from a really interesting day at North Hants

I haven’t really considered their balls before after using a ProV for years

We were given a couple of sleeves of the Chrome Soft Truvis , Chrome Soft X LS and Triple track 360

I normally don’t put lines on my ball etc so tried the Triple track first - took me a while to get used to it but really like it for putting and short game , after 3 holes swapped to the Truvis - just didn’t really get on with it , not a fan of the patterns on it but again good around the greens - then onto the LS - felt lovely from the driver and irons , and a bit of a firmer feel from the putter, the ball that seemed closer to the 1x I use

We then meet the Callaway guy who gave a very good talk about the balls

Finally finished playing the front 9

North Hants is a very good course , maybe a touch underrated

Was a good day in great company , met @r0wly86 and two guys from North Hants

Got some balls for the next couple of weeks and initial thoughts could see me moving to a new ball

gopher99

Visit site
Just back from a really interesting day at North Hants

I haven’t really considered their balls before after using a ProV for years

We were given a couple of sleeves of the Chrome Soft Truvis , Chrome Soft X LS and Triple track 360

I normally don’t put lines on my ball etc so tried the Triple track first - took me a while to get used to it but really like it for putting and short game , after 3 holes swapped to the Truvis - just didn’t really get on with it , not a fan of the patterns on it but again good around the greens - then onto the LS - felt lovely from the driver and irons , and a bit of a firmer feel from the putter, the ball that seemed closer to the 1x I use

We then meet the Callaway guy who gave a very good talk about the balls

Finally finished playing the front 9

North Hants is a very good course , maybe a touch underrated

Was a good day in great company , met @r0wly86 and two guys from North Hants

Got some balls for the next couple of weeks and initial thoughts could see me moving to a new ball

Gutted that I missed the day, still got concussion symptoms so couldn’t make it. By what you are saying, do you think it’s worth getting a sleeve of the LS and trying them out? Like yourself I have used the pro v1 for ages and if it’s worth the gains with the LS I will give it a shot.

D

Deleted member 15344

Gutted that I missed the day, still got concussion symptoms so couldn’t make it. By what you are saying, do you think it’s worth getting a sleeve of the LS and trying them out? Like yourself I have used the pro v1 for ages and if it’s worth the gains with the LS I will give it a shot.

Yes definitely get a sleeve of the LS 👍

Hope you are all ok and the concussion clears up

Last edited by a moderator: