NFL 2016 - new season

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I went to bed at 28-3 Falcons. Really glad because I seriously dislike the Patriots and I'd be really pissed this morning if I had watched that live. The repeat will do just fine.

D

Deleted member 16999

So pissed off, went to bed at 28-3 as I thought it was over! 😂😂😂😂

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Get in there my son, for the neutral what a stunning game. For the pats non likes, there's a bit more for you not to like now.
But what a performance, what a catch by Edelman. The pats dynasty has just reached another level.
Brady has to be the greatest quarterback ever. In an industry where winning is the ultimate goal, five rings don't lie.
Brilliant game.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I watched most of the first half, Altlanta were so much better everywhere on the field I was stunned when I saw the final result.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
So pissed off, went to bed at 28-3 as I thought it was over! 😂😂😂😂

Ditto! Although not sure I'd have lasted to the end though. That smug lad in the BBC box must have felf reeeeeeeeeeally stupid as The Pats came back. Did anyone notice what the bookies were offering for them to win when they were down 28-3? Did anyone take the bet?????

U

User62651

Sorry to have missed it, damned time zones!
Unbelievable game of two halves to borrow a soccer football cliche.

Why did Atlanta get burned 2nd half compared to running riot in 1st? - nerves, tiredness, complacency? Did Ryan play badly 2nd half or was it Falcons defense at fault? Bizarre turnaround, unprecedented too.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Don't know what channel you lot watched it on, but the four min highlights are on BBC, one of the presenters reads a tweet from a viewer when the Pats are 28-3 down. It goes along the lines of " you never believed us when we said we would Brexit and that Trump would win, go Patriots". The presenter and guests were laughing there heads off. 45 mins later, they said " ever wished you go back in time and say summat a bit differant".
That victory will be remembered for a long long time.

oh ah lady gaga looks and sounds Smart.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Sorry to have missed it, damned time zones!
Unbelievable game of two halves to borrow a soccer football cliche.

Why did Atlanta get burned 2nd half compared to running riot in 1st? - nerves, tiredness, complacency? Did Ryan play badly 2nd half or was it Falcons defense at fault? Bizarre turnaround, unprecedented too.

Bit like watching man city at the moment, think it is Brady that said after the game, there were about thirty differant things that happened for the pats that if one of them had not gone there way it could of been a differant outcome. Typified by that Edelman catch. What a game changer plays like that are. Up there with the top five catches I have seen.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site

The Patriots were moving the ball well all game - they shot themselves in the foot in the first half and the pick six was a really bad pass. It was like a football team being 3-0 down at half-time having hit the post twice and missed a penalty. The Falcons had more points at half-time than plays run which is insane.

The second half was more of the same and the Atlanta defense just got worn down. The Patriots ran 93 plays to the Falcons' 46. You cannot win being on the field for that long and the stupid defensive holding calls they kept making on 3rd downs to keep drives alive kept them on the field too. Once the Patriots got their first score, you could see every Falcon defender look at the scoreboard to see how long was left. They then started playing not to lose rather to win.

The Atlanta offensive playcalling on the final drive was terrible. After Julio Jones' catch to the 21, they were in fieldgoal range to extend the lead to 11 inside four minutes. The only thing you cannot do there is get a holding penalty or take a sack and they did both.

The Patriots won the game but the Falcons sure did their bit to help them out.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Very true Shark. After the brilliant Jones catch, you just sat there thinking "they'll run 3 times to take time off the clock & then kick the field goal", as the Pats would not have a chance. No idea why they called 3 passes - very strange decision.
I almost went to bed at 28-3 but just thought I'd hang on a bit longer to see if anything happens - one of the best SB's that I have seen (not a Pats fan at all but give them their dues, no one gave up and they were probably due the pass to Edelman after the two SB's against the Giants - Atlanta did blow it though, 28-3 up & thought there's no way they can lose this, shows how much I know!)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't follow American football too closely. Why the dislike for the Patriots? Is it simply because they have dominated in recent years?

For the uninitiated who would be the equivalent to them in PL terms?

Tashyboy

Visit site
I don't follow American football too closely. Why the dislike for the Patriots? Is it simply because they have dominated in recent years?

For the uninitiated who would be the equivalent to them in PL terms?

There was an unfortunate incident a year or so ago, deflate gate it came to be called, upset a few folk. That aside they have been massively successful.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There was an unfortunate incident a year or so ago, deflate gate it came to be called, upset a few folk. That aside they have been massively successful.

Throw in illegal filming of opponents' sidelines, illegal contact in practice and irregular payments against the salary cap and you have the full set. There is a reason every other NFL team hates them and it is not just because of their success on the field. They bend the rules as far as they can go and then some.

D

Deleted member 16999

Just watched the highlights on Sky, what a great ending, even more annoyed I missed it.

One for the knowledgeable, the Patriots made the 2 point conversions look easy, why don't teams go for it more often rather than waiting for pressure situations?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just watched the highlights on Sky, what a great ending, even more annoyed I missed it.

One for the knowledgeable, the Patriots made the 2 point conversions look easy, why don't teams go for it more often rather than waiting for pressure situations?

Since the extra point was moved back 15 yards this season, there have been more missed kicks and hence a potential increase in the chance to go for two. But NFL coaches are often terrified of being criticised afterwards if they did that, it backfired and then it turned out to be the deciding factor in the game. So kicking the extra point will continue until the game situation requires two being the optimum play. The success rate of a two-point conversion is around 50%. In the Super Bowl, the Atlanta defense was so worn down, even a simple dive play went for three yards with ease as the first score showed.