2022 NFL Season

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I haven't seen a 2022 NFL thread - if there is one, please merge/delete!

Starts tonight with Bills v Rams. Rams are defending champs.

Last season, Dallas ended 12-5 and lasted one game post-season, losing to the 49ers. Hoping to win the NFC East (not saying much there...) and get to the Conference Final. Consistency was the problem last season and may hamper us this year again.

How's your team looking?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My team has a name this year... I think that's about enough said about them! :ROFLMAO:
I always imagined that the advantage of picking an NFL team would be that with no family or geographical ties you could chose at least a half-decent one...
Or are you as old as me and still remember the very first channel 4 season when John RIggins was skipping about and winning superbowls?
Probably about the last time the Washington basketball team was relevant as well.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I always imagined that the advantage of picking an NFL team would be that with no family or geographical ties you could chose at least a half-decent one...
Or are you as old as me and still remember the very first channel 4 season when John RIggins was skipping about and winning superbowls?
Probably about the last time the Washington basketball team was relevant as well.
Don’t we pick the team that is good when we 1st got into the sport? Go Cowboys!
How else could you explain the thousands of 49 fans in between the boomers the Seahawk fans in the millennials?

I actually don’t have a team, just enjoy the games. I can support one team the 1st half, then switch sides when the other does well ;-)

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Btw, Washington is just a weird place anyway. Bullets become Wizzards, Redskins become commanders; are the capitals considering changing when the south separates under Trump?

Baltimore at Washington was the only game I saw live in the states. Ravens broke RG3 that game and started a series to actually win the super bowl that year. Also the beginning of Kurt Cousins meteoric (and in my opinion unjustified) rise.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site

I'm 32... When I was 13 I was in a market and liked the look of an old late 80s Redskins shirt. Bought it and they've been my team since...

D

Deleted member 15344

Denver Broncos for me - started following early 80’s under Elway , always seemed to be the lucky loser until 98 when they finally managed to win the Super Bowl

Not been to the playoff since Manning retired - Wilson has a heck of a job ahead but got a great set of receivers and a solid running game - hopefully will get back into the playoffs but we are in a heck of a division

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
All about Tua and McDaniel for me - even if Tua is average, the offense should be better with a) (hopefully) a running game, b) (hopefully) an actual offensive line and c) an actual offensive game plan, as we had none of that last year.
Tyreek Hill should add an interesting dimension as well.
I am looking forward to the season. However, after seeing the current SB champions get taken apart by the Bills in their own stadium, my optimism has shrunk somewhat, as I think the Bills are the team to beat in the AFC (and the AFC is really strong this year)

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
All about Tua and McDaniel for me - even if Tua is average, the offense should be better with a) (hopefully) a running game, b) (hopefully) an actual offensive line and c) an actual offensive game plan, as we had none of that last year.
I am looking forward to the season. However, after seeing the current SB champions get taken apart by the Bills in their own stadium, my optimism has shrunk somewhat, as I think the Bills are the team to beat in the AFC (and the AFC is really strong this year)
Looking like the Fins have game this year! Superb come from behind last night. First 2 rounds have been bonkers so far

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Seahawks will most likely prop up the NFC West this year. Don’t mind Russel going as he wasn’t ever going to do it on his own. Geno looks okay. We are a bang average team at present. Will take a few years to build it back up

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
One of the magazines polled top 25 pundits, more than half went for the Bills pre-season, I imagine much more than that now. Gonna be very difficult for the Fins, but Tua looks to have found his game, and an outlet. And most importantly a deep ball

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seahawks will most likely prop up the NFC West this year. Don’t mind Russel going as he wasn’t ever going to do it on his own. Geno looks okay. We are a bang average team at present. Will take a few years to build it back up

At least the Defense looks like it could create some havoc and some of the rookies and younger players look like they could develop into really solid NFL starters. Russell Wilson looks like he's oversold himself to the Broncos so far. this makes the petty child in me very happy :)