NFL 2016 - new season

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
New NFL season starts on Thurs, with Broncos the defending Super Bowl champs. Who is going to Houston in Feb 2017?

After a disastrous last season, my team, The Cowboys will be looking to do so much better. Romo was injured a lot last season and had the off season to rest and repair after back surgery...then got nailed in a pre-season game last week, breaking a bone in his back and will be out for an indefinite time. He's getting near retirement tbh, so need to plan for the future. Have a fresh running back in Elliott via the draft, so will be interesting to see how he goes. NFC East was weak last year and maybe more of the same this year; I think Dallas will do well to go north of 50% wins.

I think Carolina will go one better this year.

D

Deleted member 15344

Right now think from the AFC it will be between Denver and NE , Cincinati will be there or there abouts. Dark horse could be Jacksonville who have recruited well

NFC - struggling to see any team getting past Carolina

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Go Cowboys, that's all I'm bothered about.

They had no chance even before Romo got hurt (again). They've just signed Dirty Sanchez which shows how desperate they are. Here comes 4-12 at best and lots of shots of Jerry Jones' plastic face scowling on the sideline.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
cant see past Belicicks boys this year ,even with Brady being out for the first four games.

Whys that Norrin, ave not followed much of the NFL during the close season so have they recruited well.
PS, Pats are my team. 😁

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Their division is a given even with the cheat out for the first four games. The Jets have the schedule from hell the first two months, Buffalo have had the off-season from hell and Miami are still Miami. Even 9-7 would take the AFC East. In addition, the AFC plays the AFC North and NFC West in out of division games this year which will make even a 10-6 record pretty good going for the Patriots. That would them on the road in the playoffs and there are just too many other good teams for them to make it all the way to Houston.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Their division is a given even with the cheat out for the first four games. The Jets have the schedule from hell the first two months, Buffalo have had the off-season from hell and Miami are still Miami. Even 9-7 would take the AFC East. In addition, the AFC plays the AFC North and NFC West in out of division games this year which will make even a 10-6 record pretty good going for the Patriots. That would them on the road in the playoffs and there are just too many other good teams for them to make it all the way to Houston.

that would get them outta the division but of late have struggled when playing bigger teams. At times they just don't have that little bit of something special.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Afc east is a bugger of a division really. As a bills fan it's tough going, I had been hoping for playoffs after some hope last season but looking ropey after a disastrous pre season. Still hope though 😱

Is anyone doing fantasy NFL?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Right now think from the AFC it will be between Denver and NE , Cincinati will be there or there abouts. Dark horse could be Jacksonville who have recruited well

NFC - struggling to see any team getting past Carolina

Dont see Denver getting out of the Division this year let alone challenging in the AFC. a 7th Round QB with no experience and only 1 year behind Manning (3rd String) doesn't Bode well. a class D cant win you every game.

Not concerned by the panthers either in the NFC - Cam Newton will get found out this year, massively overrated as a passer. Kelvin Benjamin will help and obviously their D is pretty stellar (even without Norman) but Cardinals, Packers and Seahawks all have considerably deeper rosters.

I expect one of Jags and Raiders to be in the playoffs this year (finally).

Whilst i'd be shocked if the Packers arent at least in the championship game, i think it will be Cardinals v Steelers or Pats in the superbowl.

Last edited:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Raiders...playoffs? Poof, as much chance of that as my bunch of clowns down at Miami. Another new coach installed. Hopes are raised, but not by much. Fans are massively divided over Tannenhill. He looks the part in the uniform, and sometimes plays like a proper QB, but I've lost faith. We're doomed!
Nice new stadium though, should see the Super Bowl back in Miami soon.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Going to check out the re-vamped stadium CF, as got tickets for the Browns game - I'm assuming that years of terrible drafting & bad free agent deals will doom us again

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Raiders...playoffs? Poof, as much chance of that as my bunch of clowns down at Miami. Another new coach installed. Hopes are raised, but not by much. Fans are massively divided over Tannenhill. He looks the part in the uniform, and sometimes plays like a proper QB, but I've lost faith. We're doomed!
Nice new stadium though, should see the Super Bowl back in Miami soon.

Raiders have one of the best pass rushers in the game, one of the best young WRs in the game and a solid QB. a lot of analysts are also projecting it.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Raiders will make the playoffs - they are absolutely loaded with young talent and Carr is a better QB than most people realise. I said on TV a few years back that Oakland would never be successful until Al Davis died. Unfortunately for many reasons, I was right.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Afc east is a bugger of a division really. As a bills fan it's tough going, I had been hoping for playoffs after some hope last season but looking ropey after a disastrous pre season. Still hope though 

Is anyone doing fantasy NFL?

Raiders all the way :mmm:

D

Deleted member 15344

Dont see Denver getting out of the Division this year let alone challenging in the AFC. a 7th Round QB with no experience and only 1 year behind Manning (3rd String) doesn't Bode well. a class D cant win you every game.

Not concerned by the panthers either in the NFC - Cam Newton will get found out this year, massively overrated as a passer. Kelvin Benjamin will help and obviously their D is pretty stellar (even without Norman) but Cardinals, Packers and Seahawks all have considerably deeper rosters.

I expect one of Jags and Raiders to be in the playoffs this year (finally).

Whilst i'd be shocked if the Packers arent at least in the championship game, i think it will be Cardinals v Steelers or Pats in the superbowl.

Manning had his worst year in his career last year but Denver still managed to win - - Brock was behind the centre for a good number of the games as well

The defence was solid - in fact it was the best in the league and they have strengthened that

Siemian has looked pretty strong in pre season along with a good ground game and has a strong arm - can see him doing a lot better than expected. If Kubiak and Elway are happy with him that for me speaks volumes

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Raiders are looking great this year, have one of the best O-Lines in the NFL to protect Derek Carr.

And have improved their secondary, to go with one of the best pass-rushing attacks.

Just need to the run game to step up and could be contenders

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Manning had his worst year in his career last year but Denver still managed to win - - Brock was behind the centre for a good number of the games as well

The defence was solid - in fact it was the best in the league and they have strengthened that

Siemian has looked pretty strong in pre season along with a good ground game and has a strong arm - can see him doing a lot better than expected. If Kubiak and Elway are happy with him that for me speaks volumes

A bad Manning whose changing line calls, and plays at the line of scrimmage is not even comparable to a 7th round pick....

Brock also got paid, so people clearly see something from him.

Also remember pre-season means nothing.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Going to check out the re-vamped stadium CF, as got tickets for the Browns game - I'm assuming that years of terrible drafting & bad free agent deals will doom us again

Ooooo you jammy thing. I've been to the Sun Life , twice and seen them at Wembley and am currently 3-0. I keep suggesting they fly me over as a lucky mascot. It appears the days of $20 seat are gone with the new stadium.
I'm trying to get tickets for a Titans v Raiders game in a few weeks but having a heck of a job. The website keeps blocking me.