NFL 2019

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Final game of the NFL season tonight. I am calling Chiefs by 14 and taking the under (54) on the points.

Almost spot on with the margin - nailed the points. Also nailed a bunch of prop bets I had in an article - Mahomes +26 completions, 49ers 3 or more sacks, Deebo Samuel +15 yards rushing. I should be commentating and writing on this sport ;-)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone else hoping for a wardrobe malfunction here :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I raised this with my 'on message' 17yr old daughter. The BBC showed it this morning, thankfully not their wailing. I told her I though it was sad that two succesful women felt they needed to do that still to get the gig / get attention. I was told it was empowering for women and if they wanted to do that then they were entitled to :rolleyes:o_O. It will be interesting to see if she feels the same in 10yrs time.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There are always some great adverts that debut during the Super Bowl (yes it's TWO words!) - this one got banned by Bud Lite - I nearly choked laughing when I saw this for the first time.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
PS, is taking it in the can Metaphor. Will“ Ye olde BOmer “ of taken it in the can ?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yea I understand the call but for me it looked clearly out. But I only saw highlights on my phone at lunch.

Ah that's how VAR is studied at Stockley Park. Thankfully the NFL is a little more advanced than that :) It looked borderline so the call could have gone either way. All touchdowns and turnovers are automatically reviewed. And no-one from the Niners was bitching about it afterwards so obviously Arsene Wenger's influence doesn't stretch to San Francisco.

D

Deleted member 15344

There are always some great adverts that debut during the Super Bowl (yes it's TWO words!) - this one got banned by Bud Lite - I nearly choked laughing when I saw this for the first time.

That was banned ?! So they allow people to have semi auto machine guns but childish innuendo unfunny adverts are banned ?!

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
That was banned ?! So they allow people to have semi auto machine guns but childish innuendo unfunny adverts are banned ?!

I don't believe the ads were banned the The Federal Communications Commission or anybody official.
More likely, they were merely rejected by the network doing the telecast, Fox..

The Super Bowl is televised nationally, of course.
Most of the coastal states viewers wouldn't have blinked at those silly ads.
Many of the flyover state viewers would boycott Budweiser products over them.

So the San Francisco 49er fans would have a mild chuckle and forget about it.
The Kansas City Chiefs fans would go apoplectic.

And it's the Kansas City Chiefs fans who have all of those machine guns that you mention!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I don't believe the ads were banned the The Federal Communications Commission or anybody official.
More likely, they were merely rejected by the network doing the telecast, Fox..

The Super Bowl is televised nationally, of course.
Most of the coastal states viewers wouldn't have blinked at those silly ads.
Many of the flyover state viewers would boycott Budweiser products over them.

So the San Francisco 49er fans would have a mild chuckle and forget about it.
The Kansas City Chiefs fans would go apoplectic.

And it's the Kansas City Chiefs fans who have all of those machine guns that you mention!

Unfortunately YOB, you are trying to explain American diverse network policies to a country that eats Black pudding and haggis at one end and Caviar at the other. I find your explanations refreshing and enlightening. To others you may be wasting your breath. Personally I see you as a typical friendly Bostonian. Others see President Trump, solely because you are American.
Keep talking on here please ?

U

User62651

Lasted the first half but nodding dog kicked in and I retired to land of nod. The half time show always bores me to tears and I couldn't face waiting 25 minutes for the 2nd half. Shame, missed a great 4th quarter by the look of it. Pleased Kansas won, toward the end of the second quarter SF looked to me to be the team with momentum.

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Watched up to the end of the 3rd quarter, so didn't miss much!!!!

As a Las Vegas Raiders fan, it was a lose lose situation, with the 2 teams involved