NFL 2019

U

User62651

So Brady to leave the Pats, luckily won't be to the LV raiders as they've signed Mariota.

What about Belichek, you'd wonder if his motivation may be on the wane, Brady and Gronk combo would be extremely hard to replace no matter how good a coach you are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Be interested to hear PS and YOBs views on this and who is the replacement they have in mind.
Surely it's not that much of a shock and the Pat's were already looking for a replacement.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He has signed with the Bucs. It's even worse than the Covid-19 virus. Noodle arm and five years past his best. Then again, anyone is better than the Turnover Machine Winston.

U

User62651

Not surprised he ended up in Tampa, at 42 Florida seems a nicer option than say Minnesota or Buffalo for him and his family, bit of winter sun and golf in his career twilight years.;)

Do Tampa need to sell more merchandise or seats? Does he go in as number 1 QB there or backup? What's in it for them, he can't run?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He will be No.1. Ryan Griffin is a back-up at best. Winston is a free agent and can go and throw 30 picks a season for someone else.
The extra 5,000 it will put on season ticket sales will be great news for the Glazers who own the team but any owner would be pleased with that. But knowing them well, they will have not been involved in any decision to sign him. This is a GM/coaching call only.
All NFL merchandise sales are shared equally amongst the 32 teams - it doesn't matter which team sells the most - it is split.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
All NFL merchandise sales are shared equally amongst the 32 teams - it doesn't matter which team sells the most - it is split

And that I didnt know ?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
All NFL merchandise sales are shared equally amongst the 32 teams - it doesn't matter which team sells the most - it is split

And that I didnt know ?

It was part of the "League Think" policy adopted in the 1960s by the legendary commissioner Pete Rozelle. He got all the then 16-teams to agree revenue sharing on TV rights. But outside of basic attendance revenue sharing, nothing was in there about luxury boxes, personal seat licences, concessions etc. So this is why teams did move cities or threaten to move so the owners could get a bigger share from those areas.

The NFL is successful because of revenue sharing. Baseball does not have it and hence payrolls vary from around $240M per season (Dodgers, ScumSox, Wankees) to $50-60M (my Rays, Marlins, As).

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
California is the latest state to face restrictions because of Covid-19. I mean, San Francisco hasn't been this shut down since the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Most teams would not touch Scam Newton with a bargepole. Total cancer in the locker room, totally self-centered and diminishing abilities.
Some desperate team for a QB will take a shot on him but not after his PR team have put out a ton of fake stories about him being offered loads of contracts.
All the Carolina people I spoke to in London last year were sick to the back teeth of him.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Most teams would not touch Scam Newton with a bargepole. Total cancer in the locker room, totally self-centered and diminishing abilities.
Some desperate team for a QB will take a shot on him but not after his PR team have put out a ton of fake stories about him being offered loads of contracts.
All the Carolina people I spoke to in London last year were sick to the back teeth of him.
He does come across as a bit of a douche in his post game interviews.

Not sure he would want to be a backup with an ego like that but it may be the only choice he has. That or the Jets :ROFLMAO:

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I'm not a big follower of American Football but I know Brady, not personally of course ?. Did you expect him to retire as a Patriot? Will playing for another club now taint his legacy at all as a Patriot legend?
Very few American athletes know how to bow out with dignity.
Greed and hubris always takes control.
It rarely hurts their reputation over the long run, though.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Very few American athletes know how to bow out with dignity.
Greed and hubris always takes control.
It rarely hurts their reputation over the long run, though.
No way he could leave on a sour note after effectively being the face of the Pats for 15 odd years. He will have a TV role after retirement I am sure and being an ass about leaving would have come back to bite him every time a player in the future did something similar
“So Tom? Is Lemar right to tell his organisation to stick it with this move to the Bears like you did when you went to the Bucs?”

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Covid-19 and the NFL advice

If you're going for a run or taking your dog for a walk, remember to remain 10 feet away from others. If you're wondering how far that is, picture a Bears wide receiver and then imagine where Mitch Trubisky actually threw the pass. That distance is about 10 feet.