NFL 2019

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Of those six, three became Hall of Famers, Elway, Kelly and Danny boy. I always thought Ken O'Brien was better than the NY media made him out to be. Todd Blackledge and Tony Eason were disasters.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Of those six, three became Hall of Famers, Elway, Kelly and Danny boy. I always thought Ken O'Brien was better than the NY media made him out to be. Todd Blackledge and Tony Eason were disasters.

In regards to Blackledge in particular these numbers back that out - 15-14 as a starter in the NFL, throwing for 5,286 yards with 29 touchdowns and 38 interception

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He is nothing more than a college football analyst these days. Eason never recovered from totally carping his pants in the Super Bowl against the Bears. A friend of mine played DL for Chicago that day and tells stories about how Eason was visibly shaking and his offensive line were pleading with the coach to replace him.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Saw this on an NFL site. "If you had to choose one team to sacrifice if it meant eradicating Covid-19, did you consider any other team before nominating the Dallas Cowboys"

U

User62651

So Gronkowski out of retirement and heading for Tampa with Brady. Can they get TB to the playoffs? (if CV19 allows).

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am so anti this move. He is totally over-the-hill and shot. And we've given up a 4th round pick for it. We already have two great tight ends in Cameron Brate and OJ Howard. Just ridiculous.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I am so anti this move. He is totally over-the-hill and shot. And we've given up a 4th round pick for it. We already have two great tight ends in Cameron Brate and OJ Howard. Just ridiculous.
What is he like in the team rooms? I get the impression that he’s a bit up his own backside and not the brightest. Not sure how him and Brady will impact on the team dynamic. @Pathetic Shark you will have an inside track on this?

On another note, I do think that he will be good for those 5-10 yard plays. Whilst not quick he still has good hands and a massive reach. Don’t see him burning downfield that often these days.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Brady is the real deal in the locker room from everything I have heard. Gronk is just a meat-head. But the Bucs already have Brate for those plays and red-zone threat - he went out on pass routes on over 70% of his snaps in 2019. Howard only went out on routes around 36% last year but is a serious deep threat. And the Bucs have the top WR combination in the NFL in Mike Evans and Chris "you can have No.12" Godwin.

U

User62651

Clearly this is your field but not so long ago Gronk took that great catch v Rams to allow Pats an easy TD for superbowl win. Surely much less of a risk at 30 than Brady at 42?
A year off may have allowed some health niggles to settle properly.
Just watched a YouTube Gronk highlights video, monster player.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
One great catch does not make a good NFL tight end. His blocking is suspect at best, he is not good in the locker room and he has not played in ages. 30 for a TE is a lot worse than 42 for a quick-release QB.
A soccer equivalent would be to watch a couple of Chris Waddle dribbles and one highlight goal and immediately assume he was the greatest player in England.