New Years Eve: What are you doing for it?

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So what's everyone's plans for tonight?

Going out on the town, party at a friends house, staying at home and having a few drinks or working?

New year doesn't really bother me that much now, few years a go I never missed a night out on New Years Eve and it was the biggest night of the year for me.

Now I can't be bothered to go out in the cold, wait ages in packed pubs to get served, either have to walk home in the cold or pay over the odds for a taxi.

Just a quiet night in for me, got a bit of a bug so feeling a bit ropey so might order myself a hot curry and finish off the bottle of JD I have left to try cure me.

Hope you all have a good one whatever you have planned.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I might go to the cinema early evening before a quiet evening and an early night!
Maybe take the dog to Wittering tomorrow morning though!

HNY everybody :thup: :cheers:.

Slime.

D

Deleted member 17920

Most overrated night off the year.

Going to a tapas bar for a meal then cinema, then off to a party, won't be drinking as I can't be doing with the hangover in the morning.

D

Deleted member 18121

I'm doing nothing.....Dominos and ice cream for me and the Mrs, the nipper (who is 2 on Monday) will be in bed. I hope to be in bed before 10pm.

Rock n roll.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The wife's cousin and boy friend coming for dinner. Should be a pleasant convivial evening and no drink and drive issues for me

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Off to a mates house to see the new year in, not drinking as I'll be driving, it'll be a quiet night, probably back home 00:30 - 01:00

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
25 friends and neighbours coming round for a party at ours. Can't be bothered with busy pubs so we rotate around the houses each year. Got silly party games to play and copious amounts of alcohol. Will have the worst hangover the world has ever seen tomorrow but have to make sure it's a good one as have been challenged not to drink again until next New Year's Eve so it will be an alcohol free 2015 for me.

C

c1973

Can't be arsed with ne'erday anymore. It's lost its magic with all the boozers being open nowadays. The beauty of it was allways the house parties and going from door to door with your 'cairry oot'. You don't get that so much nowadays. Pity.

Quiet night with the Asst CEO and a glass or two of wine with no hangover to spoil the big steak pie dinner tomorrow.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Going out for a meal but had a last minute panic yesterday. We booked a restaurant a few months ago and a hotel as well, mentioned at the time my wife was allergic to shellfish and they offered some alternatives. I e-mailed them on Monday to check the alternatives and heard nothing til yesterday lunchtime when they e-mailed to say they had closed and would probably be going into liquidation. They have said we will get our £20 deposit but not too hopeful. Spent yesterday afternoon trying to find somewhere else with a free table and manged after about 5 different places

happy new year to all on the forum

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
With 4 daughters all under 8 yrs old, i'll be spending it playing board games etc

Going to order an indian for me and the mrs and wash it down with some buds.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So what's everyone's plans for tonight?

Going out on the town, party at a friends house, staying at home and having a few drinks or working?

New year doesn't really bother me that much now, few years a go I never missed a night out on New Years Eve and it was the biggest night of the year for me.

Now I can't be bothered to go out in the cold, wait ages in packed pubs to get served, either have to walk home in the cold or pay over the odds for a taxi.

Just a quiet night in for me, got a bit of a bug so feeling a bit ropey so might order myself a hot curry and finish off the bottle of JD I have left to try cure me.

Hope you all have a good one whatever you have planned.

Takeaway curry, beers and movie.

Since the pubs started charging to go in, haven't bothered going out.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Nibbles and wine at home. Usually out and about round friends and neighbours but this year will be a quiet one... planning a big bash for later in the spring.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Be up at the club for the do, hot buffet, disco then out onto the terrace to watch everybody else's fireworks. Hoping that we haven't run out of Rocking Rudolph as they've dumped the Doom Bar for it and the alternative is London Pride. :(

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
4/5ths of not a lot.
Never really done much at New Year so HID generally puts herself down for a night shift so she can get Xmas off.
Maybe watch a film with The Boy, a couple of jars and wake up on the sofa about 3.30am I guess.