Restaurant meals you have cooked at home.

RichA

Visit site
How do you make this šŸ˜Ž
Use a big non-stick pan with an ovenproof handle.
It's just a basic tomato sauce but add sliced peppers, grated ginger, garlic and bay leaves.
Sweeten it with a little brown sugar or maple syrup. Balance with a bit of red wine vinegar.
Spice it up with harissa paste or dry spice mix.
Once it's had a good simmer, crack 4 eggs into it. The recipes tell you to make a well, but that's unnecessary faff.
Let the eggs poach for a few minutes - it's slower than in boiling water. Grate a bit of cheddar on top and stick it under the grill for a minute or 2 till the eggs are poached how you like them.
Sprinkle a little rocket on top and serve. It's equally good with buttered sourdough toast, baked sweet potato wedges or chips.
Add chorizo or merguez sausage if you like it meaty.

The sauce is really versatile. I poached a couple of pieces of cod loin in it tonight and served it with mash.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Iā€™ve been dreaming of an ā€œItalian Beefā€ all week after obsessing over The Bear recently.

Today itā€™s happening. I might post a pic if I can hold off eating it long enough.

Iā€™m handy in the kitchen, worked in one for a bit in my teens, and I found a knack for pastry. I love a good tart.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Iā€™ve been dreaming of an ā€œItalian Beefā€ all week after obsessing over The Bear recently.

Today itā€™s happening. I might post a pic if I can hold off eating it long enough.

Iā€™m handy in the kitchen, worked in one for a bit in my teens, and I found a knack for pastry. I love a good tart.

Thereā€™s a decent Guardian article where the writer tried to make all the dishes from The Bear

I neither have the talent nor the time!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Shakshouka. An old Friday breakfast favourite from a cafe I used to frequent in east London, now on our rotation at home as a main meal. Eggs poached in North African spicy tomato sauce...
View attachment 49174

Iā€™ve made this about 10 times since you posted this pic lol canā€™t get enough of it šŸ˜‹
Made it last night with an Indian twist, used curry spices instead of paprika and cumin, wow šŸ˜®

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok first recipe tried out of the curry guy book. I seem to have created some form of creamy napalm. May need more practice

Later efforts were much more successful with a great Jalfrezi and a lovely chicken and mango curry. It is actually really quick and easy once you have made a good batch of the base curry sauce.

Went really well with the flatbreads using a recipe from a book called Poppy Cooks, she was training in a Michelin star restaurant before getting made redundant during covid so went on to tictoc and her cook book is great for learning new skills and just getting some simple dishes and sauces in your repertoire. Last week was the first time I have made hollandaise from scratch for a lovely eggs royale for breakfast.