Curry

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am sure many of you on here love a good curry , me too ...........I am at this moment cooking a Malaysian Chicken Curry with curry powder i got from Malaysia as I have my own little Asian Food store here in Dorset , Not had one for a while so looking forward to it ,its now on a slow cook and i will add the coconut milk later yum yum . ...........What type do you like to buy or cook , I love a Madras when i do go out with Pilau rice and a Keema nan as a side dish and washed down with a few Tiger beers . Best curry i have had other then ones i have cooked was in Newcaslte near Saley Hall , its on a Railway Station and they tell me its a curry train from Newcaslte where they take your order on the train , That was a lovely meal as we had a HDIDO meet there the next 2 days ....................EYCurry :thup:

D

Deleted member 15344

Best curry I have ever had was made by a Gurkha ! Amazingly tasty with such great powerful flavours without being "hot and spicey"

No idea how he made is so nice

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just got in from the mrs' birthday meal (went early as we had daughter with us as well)

Had Balti Nepalian Chicken. Fabulous. Mint and tomatoes to add to onions nd green pepper.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I usually try to get something different every time I go into a curry house. Had a few howlers but, in the main, I've rarely had a bad curry. The best curry I've ever had was a curried pheasant at a place between Tring and Aylesbury - leads pellets were a 'bonus.'

Thoroughly enjoyed the curry train in Newcastle, definitely one of the better ones.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
nothing worse than watching fat blokes perspiring profusely in a restaurant eating a curry. Plus they stink for days afterwards:angry:

Strongest I'll do is an M&S korma once a month, even then thats too hot:p

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I cook one every Saturday. Favourites are Chicken Passanda and Lamb Dopiaza, both from Rick Stein's latest curry book, and Butter Chicken. The Dopiaza is so simple, all you do is cut up & mix all the ingredients, including the lamb, into a pan, cook for around 3 hours until the sauce is thick.The taste is incredible and it takes about as long to prepare as it does to eat.

Never tried the Curry Train, even though we live in the area. It has an excellent reputation. Best one that I've experienced up here is Sachin's Punjabi restaurant in Newcastle. Not cheap but not like any other either. We live near South Shields where Ocean Road contains around 20 Indian restaurants of extremely variable quality.

Love curry, can't understand anyone who doesn't, must be something wrong with them.

D

Deleted member 18588

Just about anything on the menu at Al Frash in Birmingham's Balti Triangle, and as for the Tandoori Lamb Chops starter!!!!!!!

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolutely love Kutis Brasserie in Southampton. Usually go for a chicken jalfrezi or a mirsch masala. Fabulous going in but you might want to give me a wide berth in the morning!:eek:;)

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am allergic to curry. Last weekend a group of us were at The Silverstone Classic Weekend and they decided to go to the local curry house on the saturday night. I had a plain omelette and chips which tasted of curry, and spent the rest of the night shivering and sweating.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
I am sure many of you on here love a good curry , me too ...........I am at this moment cooking a Malaysian Chicken Curry with curry powder i got from Malaysia as I have my own little Asian Food store here in Dorset , Not had one for a while so looking forward to it ,its now on a slow cook and i will add the coconut milk later yum yum . ...........What type do you like to buy or cook , I love a Madras when i do go out with Pilau rice and a Keema nan as a side dish and washed down with a few Tiger beers . Best curry i have had other then ones i have cooked was in Newcaslte near Saley Hall , its on a Railway Station and they tell me its a curry train from Newcaslte where they take your order on the train , That was a lovely meal as we had a HDIDO meet there the next 2 days ....................EYCurry :thup:

For a lover of Asian Food I thought you would know they are not Curry's that a terrible english name given to any asian dish. Also I hope you didn't eat a little old lady with your ruby.

Rather enjoy a Naan myself. lol

:ears:

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For a lover of Asian Food I thought you would know they are not Curry's that a terrible english name given to any asian dish. Also I hope you didn't eat a little old lady with your ruby.

Cook one for the wife tonight , it was her birthday , I tried the Spiceways in Childwall road in Liverpool in may after we play Formby links , very good and so was the golf course and my game ..................

Rather enjoy a Naan myself. lol

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Best curry I have ever had was made by a Gurkha ! Amazingly tasty with such great powerful flavours without being "hot and spicey"

No idea how he made is so nice

We have a couple of Nepalese curry houses near me and both produce cracking food.
For a straight indian curry you cannot beat a simple madras, boiled rice and plain naan

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not a fan of Thai or Malaysian curries and tend to stick to boring old Indians and Tikka Masala. That said the hospital do a decent lamb or beef madras which has a decent old kick.

Homemade one mate not those at so called restaurant , me is the expert , ate them all round the world and my mum use to get ask to do them for curry lunches in the old days at the Managers club in Malaysia where my dad and all the other british and overseas staff gather , not a lot left i tell you , bless her , still lives with me now and at 88 can still put me right

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I cook one every Saturday. Favourites are Chicken Passanda and Lamb Dopiaza, both from Rick Stein's latest curry book, and Butter Chicken. The Dopiaza is so simple, all you do is cut up & mix all the ingredients, including the lamb, into a pan, cook for around 3 hours until the sauce is thick.The taste is incredible and it takes about as long to prepare as it does to eat.

Never tried the Curry Train, even though we live in the area. It has an excellent reputation. Best one that I've experienced up here is Sachin's Punjabi restaurant in Newcastle. Not cheap but not like any other either. We live near South Shields where Ocean Road contains around 20 Indian restaurants of extremely variable quality.

Love curry, can't understand anyone who doesn't, must be something wrong with them.

Talking of Rick Stein , have you tried his malaysian beef Rendang , no ? may i suggest you do , he rates it highly

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The worst dining out experience I ever had was in the 'Curry Garden' Hoylake. The food was poor, the service shocking, the ambiance on par with a bus station caff and they didn't sell alcohol!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Homemade one mate not those at so called restaurant , me is the expert , ate them all round the world and my mum use to get ask to do them for curry lunches in the old days at the Managers club in Malaysia where my dad and all the other british and overseas staff gather , not a lot left i tell you , bless her , still lives with me now and at 88 can still put me right

Tried them in and out and about. Just don't like the taste.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Not a fan of Thai or Malaysian curries and tend to stick to boring old Indians and Tikka Masala. That said the hospital do a decent lamb or beef madras which has a decent old kick.

Totally the opposite for me! I chose a job on the basis that there was a Thai restaurant 100 yards from the office - rather than across the road from a Golf Simulator!

'Indian' (well, Anglo-Indian made by Bangladeshis) curries tend to be heavy in the stomach whereas Thai ones aren't. Did work very close to Brick Lane and Friday was generally Curry Lunch day - though the Bagel Shop further down was the real discovery!

I make my own Thai meals, really simple and quick - though with commercial paste - and grow my own Thai Basil, Coriander and Bird Eye Chillies Even used to have a couple of Lime Leaf trees!

Tasted a wonderful Malay sweet curry the other day - at Brocket Hall, while watching the Botham Day antics!