Curry

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
spent 4 months with the Ghurkas in the Falklands, they can curry anything and I would eat it. When I am out its usually rogan josh with bullet naan.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My favourite is chicken Pathia, pilau rice with peshwari nan. Love most dishes but can't get away with anything hotter than madras where it's so hot you can't taste the meat.
One of our favourites is Aneesa's at South Shields. It's a buffet style, but the quality of the food is fantastic, it's not a buffet where the quality of the food is crap, this is really top notch.
Had a few good meals in Koh-I-Noor in Newcastle.
Aneesa's now have a restaurant in Newcastle as well and strongly recommend anyone to try it, you won't be disappointed.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
That would have been the Curry Mile in Rusholme, had the game been at Main Road you could have walked there after the match. Not been there myself for some time but had many great meals there in the past.

I managed to get through 3 years at Manchester Uni without having a curry! But then we used to go to grotty places.
In my ignorance, I would have egg and chips while everyone else was having curry

Then moved to Birmingham and was taken shown how good curry can be

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
not sure if thats spelt right and doesnt appear on the menu. A mate got me to try it at one local to me, full of chilli and stuff, lovely jubbly

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
not sure if thats spelt right and doesnt appear on the menu. A mate got me to try it at one local to me, full of chilli and stuff, lovely jubbly

Should call it a del boy then , he is hot stuff with the chat

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Im sat at work reading these comments , just text the missus and told her we're going out for tea tonight

In Darlington - a small restaurant called Tamarind is the place to eat

Tandoori chicken starter
Chicken Jalfrezi
Bom Aloo (Bombay potatoes - lovely)
Garlic Naan
Complimented by a few largers!

roll on tea time!!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Got instructions from a guy from Karela (in south India) how to do the basic South India/Kerala curry base. Brilliant for Chicken or Lamb with Butternut Squash, Remove the madras curry powder and add turmeric for prawns. Works a treat - nice and spicy, fragrant and with coconut. Ye cannae whack it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Been there many times myself when i lived in Manchester ......................

My daughter (at Uni of...) takes us there when we visit her. The Manchester Curry Mile is something else. I used to think that Glasgow's very own Gibson Street couldn't be beaten - I was wrong.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did the curry train a good few years back, but was way to pished to enjoy the meal, one of our party passed out and ended up in a korma.

The people that run the curry train also have a restaurant next to the market place in Hexham and that is very very good, called the Valley Connection, the curry train one is called the Valley Junction.

I have a few good take aways close by and off them two have restaurants. The Clay Oven up at at Chapel House is okay if you're pushed and can't get out as they deliver. Brighton Road take away used to be the go to place for a friday night curry, they have a indian market shop as part of the take away and through the day you can stock up on your own cooking supplies or buy their curries boxed up ready for the microwave, not quite the same though. These days, for a friday night curry, it's a toss up between the Bindi Cafe and Solomans, both very good take away and sit down, though at the minute Solomons is edging it as they do a Nawabi Khana dish, chicken or lamb, not particularly spicey but the flavour is fantastic.

In Newcastle, Dabbawal and indian street food style restaurant, the Rupali, where you can do the curry hell challenge, something not for the faint hearted and you have to sign a waiver before it is served declaring anything that happens to you as a result of eating is not the restaurants fault. There are many other cracking indians in Newcastle, the Koh i noor, the golden bengal, Raj Tandoori

Dave,

U gotta go try Ma'ida at walbottle
Best local curry house for miles IMO
No licence, take your own booze
Quality food :thup:
Highly recommend

I've had many good meal at Saffron on quayside newcastle too

gripitripit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Local Curry house to me tried to fob me off with beef instead of lamb one night. They tried to tell me they don't cook beef....But it was beef.....HID is a chef and even said it was beef..

D

Deleted member 18588

My daughter (at Uni of...) takes us there when we visit her. The Manchester Curry Mile is something else. I used to think that Glasgow's very own Gibson Street couldn't be beaten - I was wrong.

Then try the Balti Triangle of Moseley Road, Ladypool Road and Stratford Road in Moseley & Sparkbrook areas of Birmingham. Where the Balti originates from.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Talking of Rick Stein , have you tried his malaysian beef Rendang , no ? may i suggest you do , he rates it highly
In August 2014 I said I'd give it a try & downloaded the recipe. I cooked it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, it was spectacularly good. However, even after cooking for 3½ hours the meat was a bit tough so today I'm doing it with lamb. Bit of a faffy recipe but the result is worth it.

351DRIVER

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I am thoroughly addicted to curryl
International store here sells all the raw ingredients, it is rare i exit that store with less than 100 euro of product (It does last a long time mind)

What curry do i make? I have all pre blended powders, but also many ingredients, so perhaps some base madras powder goes in but then i can alter the balance to my own taste with individual elements.

Meant to be having a BBQ here today, but not looking good

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don't eat out at curry houses very often tend to make my own, Thia currys are my favourite, I prefere the flavours of Thia currys to any others, I never use curry powder as I think this leaves a rather harsh taste, make my own curry paste which is easy to modify is you have guests round who don't like currys to hot.

Good bottle of wine whist making it listening to some music is my idea of a good Saturday night.