Burns night, anyone doin owt.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Am not, but a few years ago I went to a do in a pub in Bamburgh. The Northumberland pipe band were there and it was a fantastic night.
fave dish with Haggis was in Edinburgh during one rubbish New Year's Eve holiday. loved Edinburgh but New Year's Eve was Rammel. Anyway, Ended up in a restaurant and had Chicken breast with haggis and a white wine sauce. Lordy Lordy.
So are you doin owt and any nice haggis recipes our cousins north of the border would like to share with there sassanach friends down south

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haggis, neeps and fatties for tea tonight. A wee tad early for the whisky though.
(Chicken breast stuffed with haggis in a white wine sauce is called Chicken Balmoral.)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
went to a burns function last night.

I don't like haggis, don't drink whisky and don't find Ayrshire Scots the Easiest thing to listen too.

The wife enjoyed it though

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
For a change, nowt. Usually go to a do. Love haggis, neeps and tatties but haven't bothered this year. Not had a whisky since New Year's Eve.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Had mine about a week early

Haggis rolled into balls & coated in breadcrumbs before cooking, served with cherry toms and a garlic sauce (& leftovers for next days lunch, yum)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Mrs Hogie decided that she didn't feel like the real thing last night (same as it ever was) so had a veggie haggis. Actually wasn't too bad. But real thing for me tonight - Mrs headed off to Goa for two weeks this morning.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Had mine about a week early

Haggis rolled into balls & coated in breadcrumbs before cooking, served with cherry toms and a garlic sauce (& leftovers for next days lunch, yum)

I may well force myself to not eat all my haggis tonight and try out that suggestion of yours.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mrs Hogie decided that she didn't feel like the real thing last night (same as it ever was) so had a veggie haggis. Actually wasn't too bad. But real thing for me tonight - Mrs headed off to Goa for two weeks this morning.

Veggie haggis sounds like it would be a bit of a dreadful ordeal... Quite like the real deal but not sure if it would fit in with the diet I am enduring at present...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Veggie haggis sounds like it would be a bit of a dreadful ordeal... Quite like the real deal but not sure if it would fit in with the diet I am enduring at present...

It actually wasn't that bad - quite good actually - no match for the real thing though - but a good veggie replacement if that's what you are after.