Burns night

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Had a Facebook reminder come through of a fantastic Burns night reminder I had come through from 7 years ago.

Suffice to say what a fantastic night in Bamburgh Northumberland.

So from a proper Anglo Saxon sassanach ( which is a derogatory and disparagingly used term which your allowed to use for one night only ).

Happy Burns night.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I used to be able to buy all sorts of Scottish foodstuffs in my local tesco but it's all been replaced with Polish stuff now.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Discovered last year, via Ancestry.com, that Rabbie Burns is my 1st cousin, 6 times removed. My father, when he was alive, told me that there was a story in his family that we were related. Wish I could have told him.

I feel you could of written that through a little poetry Bill ?

Hope alls well me man.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I can still bang out all the verses of the address to the haggis. Not sure what some of it means though.

'Then, horn for horn, they stretch an’ strive:
Deil tak the hindmost, on they drive,
Till a’ their weel-swall’d kytes belyve
Are bent like drums;
Then auld Guidman, maist like to rive,
Bethankit hums'

?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
As a Sassenach living in Scotland, we had ours last night. It's good to see the Wild Haggis is still going strong thanks to an intensive breeding programme over the last few years.
SCT_HAGGIS_HOAX_DN01.jpg
images

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can still bang out all the verses of the address to the haggis. Not sure what some of it means though.

'Then, horn for horn, they stretch an’ strive:
Deil tak the hindmost, on they drive,
Till a’ their weel-swall’d kytes belyve
Are bent like drums;
Then auld Guidman, maist like to rive,
Bethankit hums'

?
Not sure what some of it means? It's gibberish, it's a nonsense ryhme o_O. Don't let those Scot clinging onto it as a great cultural moment kid you otherwise. They are all laughing at people south of the border when they reel this off as great prose :D.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not a fan of poetry at all. If it's put to music, that's fine.

Red Red Rose, Ae Fond Kiss, and Loch Lomond.Eddi Reader - Ae Fond Kiss - Bing video
Three fabulous love songs/poems that have stood the test of time.

Had we never loved sae klindly
Had we never loved sae blindly
Never met or never parted
We would ner be broken hearted

PS
Things I never thought my wife would say...........mmmmmmm that Haggis smells nice:love:

Last edited:

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Red Red Rose, Ae Fond Kiss, and Loch Lomond.Eddi Reader - Ae Fond Kiss - Bing video
Three fabulous love songs/poems that have stood the test of time.

Had we never loved sae klindly
Had we never loved sae blindly
Never met or never parted
We would ner be broken hearted
Doon-did you watch/tape(?)Burns Night with the BBC Symphony Orchestra on Mon on BBC Scotland channel-superb,Eddi Reader/Karen Mathieson=a guy who's name I've forgotten was really good show,worth catching up on.I really must get a book of Burns works(my old man was a big fan)+ Shakespeare as both tremendous observers/story tellers which is just as relevant today as ever was-maybe even more so?
Jimbo

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Doon-did you watch/tape(?)Burns Night with the BBC Symphony Orchestra on Mon on BBC Scotland channel-superb,Eddi Reader/Karen Mathieson=a guy who's name I've forgotten was really good show,worth catching up on.I really must get a book of Burns works(my old man was a big fan)+ Shakespeare as both tremendous observers/story tellers which is just as relevant today as ever was-maybe even more so?
Jimbo

Yes I did, really enjoyed it.
I have been luck enough to see Eddi Reader perform Burns Songs live on two occasions.
Once on the lawns of Culzean Castle. Also seen Karen Mathieson on quite a few occasions with Capercaillie
Both are brilliant singers.