Burns night

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure what some of it means? It's gibberish, it's a nonsense ryhme o_O. Don't let those Scot clinging onto it as a great cultural moment kid you otherwise. They are all laughing at people south of the border when they reel this off as great prose :D.

You laugh but it's no secret that Burns was very creative and he made up a lot of words to entertain. Many of them became popular. Blether, a favourite in modern use, was one of his apparently.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes I did, really enjoyed it.
I have been luck enough to see Eddi Reader perform Burns Songs live on two occasions.
Once on the lawns of Culzean Castle. Also seen Karen Mathieson on quite a few occasions with Capercaillie
Both are brilliant singers.
Now that is one canny singer , love her voice and the bands music

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
What is this "tape" that you talk about??? :eek::ROFLMAO:
Clive...If cinemas/theatres/concertvenues ever open up again TAPE is something that you will be allowed by common law to wrap round the Gobs of any ignoranus on a phone,eating crisps,food,slurping drinks or more probably doing anything to annoy you in a confined space.Hope this finds favour with the more enlightened amongst us!
Jimbo(getting a bit more radical as time goes on...sorry MODS-no offence meant)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
New release of Duggie McLeans Caledonia.......beautiful.

KT Tunstall & Alan Cumming - Caledonia (Official Video) - YouTube

A dozen or so years ago Lady Doon and I were having a quiet drink in one of Pitlochry's pubs when Duggie came over and started chatting to us as if we were a couple of old friends.
I was not 100% sure it was him and on the way out asked someone who confirmed he was there for the Festival.
Really nice genuine guy leaving a fabulous legacy of this song.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
New release of Duggie McLeans Caledonia.......beautiful.

KT Tunstall & Alan Cumming - Caledonia (Official Video) - YouTube

A dozen or so years ago Lady Doon and I were having a quiet drink in one of Pitlochry's pubs when Duggie came over and started chatting to us as if we were a couple of old friends.
I was not 100% sure it was him and on the way out asked someone who confirmed he was there for the Festival.
Really nice genuine guy leaving a fabulous legacy of this song.
Really well made video Doon/great production+who knew Alan's voice could be so suitable for these great lyrics(1st time I've actually seem them in print)
Imagine Duggie McLean asking for your autograph in Pitlochry ,the perils of being famous eh.
Jimbo