how often do you have ready meals?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
not talking take a ways or the like but microwave/ oven cook ready meal.

i tend to have the odd one if the wife is away.... ;)

popped into town today and getting a few bits in M&S and the tills either side had people with a big trolleys full of ready meals....

don't people cook anymore?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agree with GB72, never have them. The closest I come to a ready meal is making extra whenever I cook (cottage pie, lasagne, risotto etc) and freezing portions of it so it's in the freezer to be used on nights when I can't be bothered to cook or when we get home late and need something quick and easy for the kids.

Last edited:

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Every now and again to give the missus a break from cooking.

She's a great cook and when she makes a chilli, casserole etc there's plenty that we put away in the freezer.

Therefore I normally have a stash of homemade ready meals.👍

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
as its just the two of us we cook enough for two meal days and have half in the freezer.
very odd occasion will be afforded but not very often..
the wife is a really good cook.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Probably about once a week, I do cook in bulk and freeze as there is only myself to feed. but I will have a lasagne occasionally and tonight I had a roast chicken dinner from Sainsburys.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Couple of times a week. Also eat out at least once a week. Occasionally get a takeaway too. Less chance of food poisoning if HID isn't cooking.

D

Deleted member 15344

Will have one during a night shift and some times on a saturday

You can get some very very good tasting Meals - the Marks and Sparks Cottage Pie is yummy and we cant beat it

But dont touch the Supermarket value meals - they are taste free

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Couple of times a week usually from M&S or Waitrose. Ideal for a quick meal after golf practice in the winter evenings. Tend to have salads in the summer after an evening golfing that I prepare before I go to work, especially as the club stops doing food at a silly early time

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Can you get a quinoa and mung bean ready meal? If not then forget it...

Never have them, not through any dogmatic health reasons but just because I actually enjoy cooking. I work from home so luckily can have to the time, and cooking with the tablet in front of me with some Sheils and Finch on YouTube is one of my little pleasures in life.

Yes I am that sad.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
If you mean ready meals as in a complete plate of food, meat & 2-veg etc, then never, if you mean ready made various pies, lasagnes, faggots and the like, all the time. Just add spuds & veg and jobs a good 'un.

Eating and cooking a bit more raw red meat at present due to my Muscle Food deliveries and using the slow cooker once a week for a stew/casserole. Buying loads of different cooking sauces to go with the 5 kilos of chicken breasts I bought.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A lot more often than we'd want. I go out most nights of the working week and due to the nature of my wife's job with her uncertain finish times - she is often home after I head out so we often have to eat alone and sometimes at not good time. preparing a meal for us to eat together at a certain time has been a non-starter for years.

We are trying to cut down and make more stuff for the freezer rather than rely on ready-meals. Would love it if we could have more regular mealtimes - and to be honest I am more bothered about when in the evening I eat rather than what I eat