How often do you re-grip

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I think I had a set of irons regripped around 1990, but haven’t kept a set long enough since. My putter is due it’s 4th grip.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It depends on the grip choice in the first place and how well they get looked after. My 7 wood has a Tour Wrap full cord on, the club is around 20 years old and this year I am finally going to change the grip.

My drivers and wedges have had (not Golf Pride) multi compounds and they get changed at least once a year because the non cored section gets shiny too quickly.

Standard Tour velvets I got at least two years from on wedges and longer if the club is a rarely used club.

My grips get thoroughly cleaned after every 3rd round aprrox.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone get fitted for grips? The online ones all say I should be playing undersize grips but I play standard

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Regrip every year, just cos I like to have fresh grips. I don't buy expensive grips just shapro ones at £1.90 and do them myself so it doesnt cost me much.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I used to do out every year before the start of the season but now I'm going to stretch them until they need doing.

Makes no sense to me cutting good grips off any more.

Joff

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had my irons about 6 years, never been regipped. They seem fine. Putter has been done as it's a thick grip and gets battered in my pencil bag

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
my irons and 3 wood have the same grip they came with and they are 4 almost 4 years old now.

driver i tend to get done every year or so.

found i wear them out less since i started to grip lighter, and i play a lot at least 3 or more times a week at least.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have taken the plunge and ordered new grips for my clubs

I was down at my mates pro shop and he measured my hands and I do come up as an undersize grip so makes sense to switch them to undersize now to work with the new grip my teaching pro is working on at the moment with me

ebay to the rescue got 14 tour pride velvets for £33.50 delivered

he gonna fit them for £15 for me so just under £50 to regrip my entire bag (minus putter which I have my midsize 2.0 grip on)

got an unused golf pride tour 25 for sale on the for sale forum if anyone wants as now im switching to undersize it will never go on one my clubs so looking to get some of what I paid for it back

been an expensive day lol