How often do you re-grip

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Prob been done before but I am curious

how often do people get their clubs re-gripped?

Golf pride say every season or 40 rounds i read once.. which they seem to have got rid of on their website now..

every season seems excessive and 40 rounds sounds like some people on here would re grip every 2 months!

not a cheap process to do if you like the multi compound grips either

my oldest grip is 18 months, rest range 12-2 months

Feb 2019 im thinking for my next and then every 2 years

so what does everyone do?

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Every couple of years, need doing now as a matter of fact

For me it's less the number of rounds and more the amount of practice

Eg hit a few hundred chips & pitches in a practice session but 1/10th that in a round (hopefully :eek: )

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You know when you know.

There are a number of my clubs that need doing at the minute. Off the top of my head I know my 60 is well past needing a new grip. Its been in the bag 2 or 3 years and never been changed.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
When they stop being grippy. I've had my Cleveland irons for about 4 years and the grips are still great. I'm not going to change them just for the sake of it.

D

Deleted member 15344

It will all depends on how often you play or use the club - I change mine on a yearly basis but I play 4 times a week roughly

D

Deleted member 16999

When they stop being grippy. I've had my Cleveland irons for about 4 years and the grips are still great. I'm not going to change them just for the sake of it.
That’s because there’s no wear in the correct areas :ears:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I have never re-gripped my irons. Have had six sets in over 40 years. Clean them with hot water and fairy liquid and they are fine

Only clubs I have ever re-gripped are drivers and putters.:eek: Might be because I don't hit the practice ground much.:whistle:

D

Deleted member 16999

Your probably right😁. Alternatively I'm doing it right and everyone else is doing it wrong and it's costing you all a fortune in grips 😂💰😂.
The amount of golf us retired gentlemen play it’s cheaper to buy new clubs :rofl:

xcore

Head Pro
Visit site
If I buy a second hand set of irons il put a fresh set of grips on, longest set iv owned was 7 months so not had to re-regrip

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have never re-gripped my irons. Have had six sets in over 40 years. Clean them with hot water and fairy liquid and they are fine

Only clubs I have ever re-gripped are drivers and putters.:eek: Might be because I don't hit the practice ground much.:whistle:

Ditto. Boiling hot water with washing up liquid and a scrubbing brush. Monthly on my driver, 3 wood and gap wedge (which get the most use)

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Depends on the grips.

Ping grips on my i25 irons are over 2 years old and like new. I clean them every month or so with a brush and fairy liquid.

Putter, driver and wedges get done every year or so. I change my own grips so not too expensive

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'd be amazed if anyone actually needed their grips changing before 2 years - they're either playing waaaaay too much, practicing waaaaay too much or squeezing the life out of them!
Another effort by a Marketing department to up sales...
Re-grip when they start to lose their, well, grip really....
If you clean them regularly they shouldn't lose that grip for at least 2 years...

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Never had the need to change them, but only had the current irons two seasons and plenty of life left in them yet.