Re-gripping

cunnini

Visit site
How often do people re-grip heir irons?

i hit the range/play probably averaging twice a week, and feel like my irons (re-gripped a year ago) need re-gripping - i've cleaned them thoroughly probably 3 times in the year - do i need to clean more often, or regrip?

thx

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
as soon as I feel they are not giving me the level of grip I want.

Some clubs are more frequent than others.

Smoj

Visit site
what grips do/did you have?
my tour velvet 360 on my driver is starting to show signs of wear, on my bottom hand, but still is comfortable and very grippy. thats 2 to 4 rounds a week and maybe 1 or 2 range sessions a week if im having a nightmare with something i need to sort out

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Price of grips is ridiculous now.
I regripped my irons earlier this year using Lamkin Sonar tours @ £8 as grip, looked to order some more for the wedges and they are £12

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I clean my grips (and clubs) after about every 3 rounds.
When I used Tour wrap full cords I never ever regripped the clubs in many years of ownership.
Multicompound lasted about a year because the non corded section became hard.
Tour Velvets I get about two years out of a set.

stevieb15

Hacker
Visit site
As I probably play 200 times a year my driver is re gripped every 6 months or so, everything else annually. I do it myself and buy the best rated, best value grips I can find on eBay. Total cost about £40 a year and worth every penny.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Price of grips is ridiculous now.
I regripped my irons earlier this year using Lamkin Sonar tours @ £8 as grip, looked to order some more for the wedges and they are £12

I find it much depends on what grip

Some have shot up but I can still find basic golf pride tour velvets for £6

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
on average every couple of years based on when I think I need them. I scrub them with a firmer bristled bike brush once a month in warm soapy water and let them air dry.