how often do you have ready meals?

selwood90

Head Pro
Visit site
Have a couple a week, but sensible ones. Not the ones full of fat and saturates. Only because I work nights and prefer something warm after being out in the cold for 12 hours than a sarnie!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Only ones we ever have are curries, even then we cook our own rice etc. Life is too short to have a cupboard full of all the spices required to make a decent curry. Only other packet stuff we have is stuff like fish fingers or chicken nuggets for the kids.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No, I prefer home cooked food.

HID has taken on a few hours an evening work down the recycling centre to help pay my golf fees and so I get a decent holiday. I don't even complain waiting a bit longer for her to cook a proper dinner when she gets back.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only occasionally now.

We did have more of them a couple of years ago. My wife was trying to lose weight and thought the idea of a meal with all calories noted was ideal. Tie that in to both working full time and it did save some time. Unfortunately, she developed a skin condition which caused itchy and dry patches of skin.
Only after we went back to normal food did it recede

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Is that when you're away on the boat, or cooking at home? :confused:

Both, had some nice mackerel tonight grilled with mustard,frozen within a hour of coming out of the sea, 3 of the grandkids are coming for dinner tomorrow,having cod for them which we also caught and I make them into fish fingers , we are having haddock.

Last time we were off we had mackerel,haddock, salt whiting,hake, and scallops:thup:

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Both, had some nice mackerel tonight grilled with mustard,frozen within a hour of coming out of the sea, 3 of the grandkids are coming for dinner tomorrow,having cod for them which we also caught and I make them into fish fingers , we are having haddock.

Last time we were off we had mackerel,haddock, salt whiting,hake, and scallops:thup:

Hard to top eating fish that has been caught the same day... When Mum lived in Gorleston a neighbour had a day boat and he would often give Mum some fish he had caught...

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site

No wonder your cholesterol is so low! :)