New rules at golf club - am I right to be annoyed?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I totally agree from the one side we have been given it looks harsh, however, it was 1 Comp spread over 2 days, it’s now only 1 day and they have brought this in as a temporary measure.

That leaves 6 days for booking via BRS and to get his handicap sorted whilst getting to know people, which I believe he is already doing as he played with at least 1 other person the other day.

If they have 70 new members 2-3 tee times won’t be enough?

Lot’s of Clubs do it different ways, some are better than others, some people will move Clubs till they find the one they like, whatever suits, I still think it’s wrong for ANY Club to be criticised and put down without all the facts being known.

I agree but totally off topic & for devilment

It follows its also wrong to criticise any business without knowing all the facts but folk do it all the time on here and social media in general simply to have a whinge or get what they want & loads of folk on here pile in with agreements etc. I wonder why most of us see our business relationship with our golf club differently to say Sky tv or Ryanair etc

D

Deleted member 16999

It's a terrible system - my opinion.
It's a system designed to favour certain members and maintain a clique - fact.
Bit more information:
They have a drawn Competition times because the same people were booking the same times every week and not giving others a chance.

Because they also had 2 balls booking slots and adding names of friends they knew wouldn’t turn up, they insist on 3 or 4 Ball bookings.

2 days after the draw has been done, those in the draw get 2 days to accept their time slot or withdraw, singles can fill in the blanks.

They are currently without a Pro, he resigned pre-covid and left in June, he was very proactive with new members and would organise new member social golf or match with existing members, since he’s left, 2 volunteers have stepped up to take on this role as the Club have took on over 80 new members in the last 9 weeks they are doing their best and have received both positive and negative feedback.

Is this Club perfect? No, Is any Club perfect? No.

Obviously they must be doing something right if membership is increasing, but like EVERY Club in tge land, you’ll never please everyone.

Edit: To save posting on another thread, the Club also offers pro rata membership.:unsure:

D

Deleted member 16999

I agree but totally off topic & for devilment

It follows its also wrong to criticise any business without knowing all the facts but folk do it all the time on here and social media in general simply to have a whinge or get what they want & loads of folk on here pile in with agreements etc. I wonder why most of us see our business relationship with our golf club differently to say Sky tv or Ryanair etc
No different if he’s willing to name the Club to give them the right to respond.

sunshine

Visit site
Bit more information:
They have a drawn Competition times because the same people were booking the same times every week and not giving others a chance.

Because they also had 2 balls booking slots and adding names of friends they knew wouldn’t turn up, they insist on 3 or 4 Ball bookings.

2 days after the draw has been done, those in the draw get 2 days to accept their time slot or withdraw, singles can fill in the blanks.

They are currently without a Pro, he resigned pre-covid and left in June, he was very proactive with new members and would organise new member social golf or match with existing members, since he’s left, 2 volunteers have stepped up to take on this role as the Club have took on over 80 new members in the last 9 weeks they are doing their best and have received both positive and negative feedback.

Is this Club perfect? No, Is any Club perfect? No.

Obviously they must be doing something right if membership is increasing, but like EVERY Club in tge land, you’ll never please everyone.

Edit: To save posting on another thread, the Club also offers pro rata membership.:unsure:

You seem to know a lot - is this your club? Why don't you name it so people can assess for themselves?

D

Deleted member 16999

You seem to know a lot - is this your club? Why don't you name it so people can assess for themselves?
No, this one is in NI, mine is Seaham GC near Sunderland.

Quite amazing what info Clubs put on their Websites and Social Media pages, can be very useful for members, especially new ones.;)

Edit: Just seen your change, it’s on his profile and up to him if he wants to name it..

Last edited by a moderator: