New Pro V1 or Pro 1x?

gopher99

Visit site
I have been reading and watching the reviews on the new pro v1 and pro v1x, and I am really interested in trying out the pro v1x. I have been playing the tp5x last year, but from what I have seen the pro v1x will spin more and produce a higher ball flight. I don’t have a high swing speed, mine is 100mph average. I am thinking the pro v1 would not be the best choice for me as it’s low spinning, and I like the higher ball flight. What do the more knowledgeable people on here think?

D

Deleted member 3432

If you are playing Tp5x why not try Tp5 if you want higher spinning?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Don't forget..when they say lower spin, flight etc that refers to the difference between the V1 and the V1x.....
ProV1 is still a pretty high spinning ball, just not as high spinning as the ProV1x.
There's little real difference between any of the standard Tour balls and little between the "x" versions too.
I think it best to find the one that feels(sounds) best for you and use that.
There will be more variation of spin and height through variation of where you strike it on the clubface.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If the current models are anything to go by it really takes a lot to see the difference between the two balls. . If I was to go by the technical write up of each of the current models I should have gone for the V1x and I went for V1. In the end for me it came to down to the difference between the feel of the two off the putter head

evemccc

Visit site
My Golf Spy recommend everyone, whether scratch, +, or bogey golfer to use a tour level ball
ProV1 etc
TP5 etc
BX etc

From what I’ve read it’s supposed to be the thing that has greatest impact on all our games, for a relative little £ difference per dozen

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You asked n
It's not bleating, it's stating fact.

It's nothing to do with being different, it's keeping one of the last remaining myths alive that we can "feel" the tiny differences in the surface of the ball, when we can't.

It's the sound, the softer balls have a duller sound and the harder balls are louder.

I guarantee you 100% you cannot feel the difference, just experiment with some headphones on and music playing.

You keep telling me you cannot tell the difference in feel between any golf ball with any club.

1.If I put down and old fashioned tour wound balata and a Penfold Commando are you saying would you not be able to tell the difference in feel?

2.If I put down a Surlyn Wound and the Penfold Commando would you be able to tell the difference?

3 If I put down a Tour wound Balata and a Top Flite XL would you be able to tell the difference?

so on and so on.

In the end it comes down to a personal ability.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
You asked n

You keep telling me you cannot tell the difference in feel between any golf ball with any club.

1.If I put down and old fashioned tour wound balata and a Penfold Commando are you saying would you not be able to tell the difference in feel?

2.If I put down a Surlyn Wound and the Penfold Commando would you be able to tell the difference?

3 If I put down a Tour wound Balata and a Top Flite XL would you be able to tell the difference?

so on and so on.

In the end it comes down to a personal ability.
He's not saying you can't tell the difference inbetween balls from 20\30 years ago. He's talking about comparing apples to apples today. Why don't you try he's experiment and wear some headphones and try for yourself.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
New cover material, first new dimple pattern in 10+ years, and newly revised core material.

There’s enough there to call it a completely new ball. No question, I’ll be buying them.

D

Deleted member 1418

New cover material, first new dimple pattern in 10+ years, and newly revised core material.

There’s enough there to call it a completely new ball. No question, I’ll be buying them.

Yes me too. Have tried all the premium balls, and also cheaper brands such as Vice and Snell, but always go back to the Pro V1x - just pure quality.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He's not saying you can't tell the difference inbetween balls from 20\30 years ago. He's talking about comparing apples to apples today. Why don't you try he's experiment and wear some headphones and try for yourself.

Simply because I do not play golf wearing headphones and I prefer to do real world testing. which I have dome 100s of times in choosing what balls I prefer I know I have discounted lots of golf balls or have chosen one ball over another based upon what they feel like particularly off the putter head.

We are all different and I am sure that the level of feeling we have in our fingers varies enormously at each end of the spectrum

My suggestion is not about comparing old world balls it is simply pointing out that balls can vary enormously at each end of the spectrum and it is about personal ability as to when a person can no longer tell the difference between one ball and another. I am not saying I could tell the difference between all balls but certainly can detect difference in some of the ones I would choose to try based upon technical specs.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

I am going to wait, until I can read what is written on the side of the box. It's always all true, and from what is printed on most boxes, it will be almost like cheating.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I think you can tell a difference. Golf balls are hard, or soft. Hard balls are all hard, soft are all soft. There aren't any mid golf balls. There are some stupidly soft balls, but clearly anyone using these is an idiot.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I just wish the premium balls came with a more pronounced alignment line on them instead of using a sharpie that invariably smudges :(

D

Deleted member 15344

I change after every birdie. Ernie Els says there is only 1 birdie in every golf ball ;)
You can get the new Pro Vs with the alignment line and also the Chromesoft are being produced with those three lines Callaway use