Balls like TP5x

Kennysarmy

Visit site
All winter I've been playing Titleist TruFeel balls as they are cheap and I don't mind losing them in the mud and stopping power on approach to greens isn't really an issue when the greens are so soft!

Yesterday afternoon as the sun was shining I decided to play something different, not usually a lover of firm balls (I've played the Q Star Tour and Titleist Tour Soft in 2023) but I found a decent TP5x in the locker and decided to give that a go!

WOW - when caught well with the driver I was getting a noticeable boost in distance and also seemed a more penetrating ball flight, well struck irons also seemed to have a bit more distance on them.
Chipping and putting obviously felt a lot different with a much firmer ball than I've been playing with, but I reckon I could get used to the feeling!

But TP5x's are sooo expensive, are there any slightly cheaper alternatives or do I just have to bite the bullet.

Driver swing speed is usually a touch under 100mph.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Another one for the seed golf ball. They’re fantastic for the price. I’ve been using the SD-15s over the winter and they’ve been great! The Q-Star is the equivalent on the AD333 I believe with the SD-15 is an equivalent if that. I use the SD-01 over the summer as I get more yardage and greenside spin

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another one for the seed golf ball. They’re fantastic for the price. I’ve been using the SD-15s over the winter and they’ve been great! The Q-Star is the equivalent on the AD333 I believe with the SD-15 is an equivalent if that. I use the SD-01 over the summer as I get more yardage and greenside spin
I've used a SD-05 for my last two rounds, it seems to perform well and it still barely has a mark on it. Good quality.