New Pro V1 or Pro 1x?

D

Deleted member 15344

I find that my propensity for losing balls makes these an every now and again buy. I do find a lot when I’m in the clag though
I’m amazed that you find other golf balls in areas where you are looking for yours ? Are you sure they aren’t balls you lost their previously

D

Deleted member 1147

The question isn’t whether you can feel the difference, more whether you can hear it.

evemccc

Visit site
My current HI is +1 ?‍♂️, if feel was a real thing, isn't it more likely I'd be promoting the old "feel" clichés?

You started by saying that you can tell the difference "in feel" when putting between a ProV1 and a ProV1X. I'm telling you that is nothing but absolute brainwashed nonsense.

Hit some putts, chips and full shots with no knowledge of what ball you are hitting and without being able to hear the contact. Just try it, then find out for yourself.

Do you have a ball you always use? If so which is it, and why ( why not) do you use the same ball?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The question isn’t whether you can feel the difference, more whether you can hear it.
And, to be fair, it's been preached for some time now that feel is really the sound so they're intertwined
Sound is feel, feel is sound....and "feel" is such a subjective word anyway..

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The whole feel debate also comes down to your putter and if it has an insert or not ... some inserts have a huge effect.
With respect to feel off your irons, I agree you won’t know much if your playing a hollow head or tuned cast head ... they are designed in a way that kills any idea. A blade yes you can tell but you have to be pretty good at finding the middle because anything off the toe feels horrible.
I would also say having a low handicap is not a measure of sensitivity, it was never that way in any sports I have been involved in.
As an example we would use Rubens Barrichello to conduct tyre construction tests as the differences they give are so subtle, David Coultard used to do it as well and compound selection was pretty easy for all of them. Then Mika would just take DC’s set up and favoured tyre and drive it hard. Feedback would be “yeah it’s okay”

evemccc

Visit site
I used to flit between Prov1 and the X, probably due to brainwashing, but they are known for their consistency and quality control. For me, I preferred the X as, rightly or wrongly, I got it in my head the V1 was more prone to dispersion off miss-hits in anything but hot, dry conditions. So not being a particularly strong ball-striker, I feel that the X helps me more. In bone dry summer conditions I would sometimes use the V1 as it's supposedly softer so helps around the greens, allegedly.

At the moment I'm using Bridgestone Tour BX and BXS, the reason being they seem to be identical to other premium balls but are always a fair bit cheaper.

I wouldn't dream of changing ball mid-round, but happy to admit that in reality it probably wouldn't make any difference.

I have read lots and seen a lot from Today’s Golfer and My Golf Spy that show that ProV1X and BX are pretty much what I want from a ball

I found a BXS and bought a sleeve of BRX and BRXS — to be honest the ProV1 and BXS do feel/sound/feel/sound to me better for putting than the BX and 1X — but for the whole course I want the BX and 1X

Snell MTBX has amazing MGS ratings but not in Britain esp cheap, and slightly worse dispersion and production consistency (which is important for me)

BX seems to be about £8 cheaper per dozen so I’m going to use that exclusively this year

During the winter though I’ll be using Srixon AD333. Supposed to be the best ‘cheaper’ ball and £15 cheaper per dozen than the BX —- and its winter — the greens aren’t great LOL

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Possibly, not sure, I usually buy in their yearly bulk offer with my name printed on them. Last batch lasted 3 years. I won’t get my name on them next time - that turned out to be a really stupid idea because of where I lose some of them. :ROFLMAO:
Glyn keeps a golf ball for months at a time. He hits them so softly that they never really scuff up. He would put his phone number on there and hope anyone who found a ball he actually managed to lose would call him and post it back

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
And, to be fair, it's been preached for some time now that feel is really the sound so they're intertwined
Sound is feel, feel is sound....and "feel" is such a subjective word anyway..

In the same way “muscle memory “ is stated when muscles have no ability to memorise anything.?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I have read lots and seen a lot from Today’s Golfer and My Golf Spy that show that ProV1X and BX are pretty much what I want from a ball

I found a BXS and bought a sleeve of BRX and BRXS — to be honest the ProV1 and BXS do feel/sound/feel/sound to me better for putting than the BX and 1X — but for the whole course I want the BX and 1X

Snell MTBX has amazing MGS ratings but not in Britain esp cheap, and slightly worse dispersion and production consistency (which is important for me)

BX seems to be about £8 cheaper per dozen so I’m going to use that exclusively this year

During the winter though I’ll be using Srixon AD333. Supposed to be the best ‘cheaper’ ball and £15 cheaper per dozen than the BX —- and its winter — the greens aren’t great LOL

The AD 333 was my ball of choice. One day I lost one and pulled out a Mizuno I had found. Played with that and loved it. it is now my ball of choice through the winter. Ironically I will be back playing Pro V1xs during the summer months again.

gopher99

Visit site
i am going to wait for the 4 for 3 sale in April I think, i have just looked and I still have 2 dozen tp5x from last year. I don’t think even I could lose those in the next few months.

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site

If you buy the 6 dozen at once the Snells come out at £28 a dozen, so still cheaper, but I'm sure it was closer to £24 even only a year ago, so seems their price is creeping up. If it gets over £30 the saving is small compared to the option of not needing to buy in bulk and keep loads in stock, especially if you get a 10% off code or similar.