New Members and Major/Boarded Competitions

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We dont do mickey mouse comps At Parkstone that gets your name on the board for one good round or bandit handicap , its mainly scratch comps , my old club had had stuff like members cup , one good round and you on the board , should be for big comps only and yes there should should be some rule in place like ex amounts of comps , you always get these guys of say 5 that quit playing for a few years and then start again again and get say a 12 handicap and clean up for months till the get back to 5 , should have a rule but most dont .......................EYG

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We dont do mickey mouse comps At Parkstone that gets your name on the board for one good round or bandit handicap , its mainly scratch comps , my old club had had stuff like members cup , one good round and you on the board , should be for big comps only and yes there should should be some rule in place like ex amounts of comps , you always get these guys of say 5 that quit playing for a few years and then start again again and get say a 12 handicap and clean up for months till the get back to 5 , should have a rule but most dont .......................EYG

get over yourself. the club is for everyone not just the best 10 golfers. if they choose to have board comps that enables the rest of the membership to have something to aim for then thats great and good for the wellbeing of the club, unless the club is aloof and full of handicap snobs - i guess thats what parkstone is then

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
get over yourself. the club is for everyone not just the best 10 golfers. if they choose to have board comps that enables the rest of the membership to have something to aim for then thats great and good for the wellbeing of the club, unless the club is aloof and full of handicap snobs - i guess thats what parkstone is then

No and that is a poor reply and you guess wrong , very poor to assume things as more often then not you are wrong , its just how it is , i won one of the cups last year and got presented with it , but no name on the board , thats how its been for over 100 years , I have my name on the board at Knighton Heath 6 times and also at Meyrick Park , but at Parkstone its county honours and international , club president , captains , club champion and Team events , I only notice it when i look the other day , open champion 1938, Peter Alliss Ryder cup and tour stuff etc etc , was dissapointed i was but thats how it is ........................EYG

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No and that is a poor reply and you guess wrong , very poor to assume things as more often then not you are wrong , its just how it is , i won one of the cups last year and got presented with it , but no name on the board , thats how its been for over 100 years , I have my name on the board at Knighton Heath 6 times and also at Meyrick Park , but at Parkstone its county honours and international , club president , captains , club champion and Team events , I only notice it when i look the other day , open champion 1938, Peter Alliss Ryder cup and tour stuff etc etc , was dissapointed i was but thats how it is ........................EYG

Why is it a poor reply? As stated winning your board comps are not accesible to all but the elite in your golf club and you want to criticise other clubs who have an inclusive rather than exclusive policy? Yet Im wrong? OK

So you dont like me making assumptions about what board comps Parkstone say about it as a club but youre ok to do so about other clubs? Watch them double standards ;)

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why is it a poor reply? As stated winning your board comps are not accesible to all but the elite in your golf club and you want to criticise other clubs who have an inclusive rather than exclusive policy? Yet Im wrong? OK

So you dont like me making assumptions about what board comps Parkstone say about it as a club but youre ok to do so about other clubs? Watch them double standards ;)

I fine with other clubs having board comps , I never joined a club because they have lots of board comps or none , thats how a club is and i knew that when i joined , your name goes on the cup which is displayed , lets face it , you go to clubs and you see all these names for winning board comps , most of them mean nothink to the visitor as its just names and the are no info on what format was played , matchplay foursomes speaks for itself but most mean what , I would like to see more board comps but thats how it is , its the best condition course far and wide and thats why i choose to play golf there , I can live with the lack of board comps , i rather play a great course then a poor one with lots of board comps .......................EYG