Most Affordable Top 100 Courses UK?

crdb

Visit site
This week i'm heading to play my second top 100 course (Cavendish) & made me want to look at other courses near to me that are in that list, but the one's I've seen are just so expensive..

I've managed to get 18 holes at Cavendish for £35 which to me is amazing value.

Does anyone know any others in the top 100 that are in a similar price bracket?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As always a very subjective list. How Epsom got in at 92 (many reasons I could list) and Reigate Heath at 47. Surprised Bude and North Cronwall is up at 27 but a good course and a very friendly welcome

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Get yourself a County Card, some courses do give discount if you have one, I played at Perranporth a couple of years ago for similar cost to your round, there is also twilight rates, Goswick reduces from £100 to £70, if my memory is correct.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Get yourself a County Card, some courses do give discount if you have one, I played at Perranporth a couple of years ago for similar cost to your round, there is also twilight rates, Goswick reduces from £100 to £70, if my memory is correct.
Got a Berkshire one and some good savings. My issues with the first two courses I named was their appearance on the list at all, especially Epsom

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
List sorely needs updating I think. I checked out Berkhamsted (highest one in the list that's reasonably close to me), and they state there that it's £60. Berkamsted website says £99. County Card £70 though. Not sure if the list was meant to include CC rates or not. Another one, Old Fold Manor they list as £45 weekdays, whereas I've looked it up recently and it was £60.

Annoying as well that about half of them are in Scotland. 😂

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
List sorely needs updating I think. I checked out Berkhamsted (highest one in the list that's reasonably close to me), and they state there that it's £60. Berkamsted website says £99. County Card £70 though. Not sure if the list was meant to include CC rates or not. Another one, Old Fold Manor they list as £45 weekdays, whereas I've looked it up recently and it was £60.

Annoying as well that about half of them are in Scotland. 😂
last updated 8th March 2022 according to top of page

D-S

Visit site
There are some quite nice courses on there but not many, of those that I have played which I would describe as a Top course or a course worthy of a long trip to. ‘Worth a game if you’re in the area’ is how I would describe them. Also the fees need updating, Isle of Purbeck for example.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
There are some quite nice courses on there but not many, of those that I have played which I would describe as a Top course or a course worthy of a long trip to. ‘Worth a game if you’re in the area’ is how I would describe them. Also the fees need updating, Isle of Purbeck for example.

You won’t get many “top courses” for under £60 prob even under £100 now

D-S

Visit site
You won’t get many “top courses” for under £60 prob even under £100 now
Agreed, you’ll get a load of ‘fine’ courses for a pleasant day out locally for under £60 on a County card. I can think of 20 or 30 in this area up to about an hours drive away. Many or all are as good as some on this list, so this list actually becomes even more subjective than the Top courses list

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agreed, you’ll get a load of ‘fine’ courses for a pleasant day out locally for under £60 on a County card. I can think of 20 or 30 in this area up to about an hours drive away. Many or all are as good as some on this list, so this list actually becomes even more subjective than the Top courses list
Where it works though, is for people wanting to arrange a trip outside of their usual area but without the money of an American hedge fund manager. It's those second or third tier courses that the majority of us can justify, financially, but don't necessarily know about. I could give you a list for Northumberland, possibly North Yorkshire but beyond that I'm in the dark. These lists help.

D-S

Visit site
I
Where it works though, is for people wanting to arrange a trip outside of their usual area but without the money of an American hedge fund manager. It's those second or third tier courses that the majority of us can justify, financially, but don't necessarily know about. I could give you a list for Northumberland, possibly North Yorkshire but beyond that I'm in the dark. These lists help.
I take your point but if £60 is your benchmark and you have a National County Card (they are free for all affiliated members in Gloucestershire for instance), you can play every course in Gloucestershire during the week for under £60. Cleeve Hill, Minch Old and Painswick (on this list) are the ‘oddest’ courses in Gloucestershire but suggesting they are the top courses to visit under 60 quid is a bit of a stretch and not useful for those visiting I would suggest.

Skytot

Visit site
I’ve played Cavendish a few times , admittedly not for about 3 years but I don’t think it deserves to be in the Top 100 courses