Golf in Ireland - Dual pricing for non Irish

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The polar opposite happened In Ireland yesterday, so only fair to report. As 2 non members on holiday, we put our names down earlier in the week and were accepted to make up a 4 ball in a Club team event at Dunfanaghy GC. For just £24 euro we played 18 holes in their Annual charity comp, and received a free burger and chips after, an invite to the prize ceremony that evening, with a free chicken in basket meal, raffle and live music.
45 teams of 4 entered, and during the round we had torrential rain, sun, 25mph wind and even a hail storm at one point. Never before in a round of golf had I been soaked to the bone and just 4 holes later blown to absolute bone dry.
A great day and evening at a great club, with my 13 yr old even winning the mens nearest the pin prize, and having his prize winning photo uploaded onto the club's FB page.
All in for 24 Euros a head. Not sure we'll ever beat that.
Chicken in a basket, is it still the 70s in Ireland?

Severof

Visit site
Chicken in a basket, is it still the 70s in Ireland?
I simplified it to be honest. But it was a basket of chicken, chips, onion rings and sausages, served up at about 10pm when the beer was flowing.
A massive basket on each table and way too much for 4 of us. Never had a value day of golf like that in my 40+yrs of playing.
As for the 70's, transport me back and give me that any day of the week, compared to living in the mess that is the UK today.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I simplified it to be honest. But it was a basket of chicken, chips, onion rings and sausages, served up at about 10pm when the beer was flowing.
A massive basket on each table and way too much for 4 of us. Never had a value day of golf like that in my 40+yrs of playing.
As for the 70's, transport me back and give me that any day of the week, compared to living in the mess that is the UK today.
Ah, the winter of discontent - those were the days. 🤣