Middle class and drugs.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Nah then, it's kicking off in the Tash household.

Ms Dick the metropolitan police commissioner has gone on record and said that there is a direct link between the loss of 20,000 coppers and the rise in street crime. Which totally contradicts what our esteemed prime minister has said. Ms Dick has also gone on record and said that " the rise in middle class drugs users has helped to cause the rise in violent crime". Now first and foremost the only drugs Tashyboy uses is Ibuprofen and paracetamol for me back. And I can honestly say that I do not know of one single person who is my friend that actually takes drugs. Missis T said " yes, that's coz your working class and not middle class" . First of all am retired but not that bad off, but what exactly do you class as lower, middle and Upper class. But more important is drug use in the middle class that rife. Don't get me wrong, someone is taking them but who.
PS, saw me first ever viewing of someone taking class A drugs in the toilets at awembley the other week. He did it in front of dozens of folks like he wasn't even bothered.
Thoughts please me dears.

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
On a night out in town the number of men vanishing to the loo together is as common as lasses now. For differing reasons I’d imagine.

I’m 100 against drugs for many reasons but it certainly seems that the use of coke has massively risen, or at least the confidence in which users do so in the public eye.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unfortunately drugs is rife in all walks of life mate. It doesn't matter, how rich, well off or where you live, drugs are very easy to get hold.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think you have to bring age into this equation there are plenty of young high earning professional middle class men and women who take drugs recreationally and have the money to do it. There are also plenty of young upper class or so called who take drugs and again can afford to do it. The older person tends to grow out of these habits (I have worked in rehab) so yes the police comm is right I believe.

Ms Dick the metropolitan police commissioner has gone on record and said that there is a direct link between the loss of 20,000 coppers and the rise in street crime. Which totally contradicts what our esteemed prime minister has said. Ms Dick has also gone on record and said that " the rise in middle class drugs users has helped to cause the rise in violent crime". Now first and foremost the only drugs Tashyboy uses is Ibuprofen and paracetamol for me back. And I can honestly say that I do not know of one single person who is my friend that actually takes drugs. Missis T said " yes, that's coz your working class and not middle class" . First of all am retired but not that bad off, but what exactly do you class as lower, middle and Upper class. But more important is drug use in the middle class that rife. Don't get me wrong, someone is taking them but who.
PS, saw me first ever viewing of someone taking class A drugs in the toilets at awembley the other week. He did it in front of dozens of folks like he wasn't even bothered.
Thoughts lease me dears.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

Thoughts lease me dears.

For some taking drugs is as common as going for a pint. Depends on your social circles really and the company you keep. It's never been something I've done or come across but I know friends in other parts of the country for whom it is (well mostly 'was' as they are getting on a bit) common place.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately drugs is rife in all walks of life mate. It doesn't matter, how rich, well off or where you live, drugs are very easy to get hold.
Indeed, and in the context of the comment from Ms Dick the implication (that this sector is financially supporting the recreational drugs trade, leading to increased crime...) is a little disingenuous - those that don't have the money will commit crime to get it for drugs!
I've no answer to what constitutes middle class though 🤔

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Chatting to police recently I commented that the 20 to 35 year olds were clearly drinking less and they agreed, but commented that they were spending their money on drugs instead

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Are you considering purely recreational drugs, or do PEDs count?

Go into any gym in the country, and I guarantee you there will be a bunch of people using all kinds of gear and a few selling it too.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I grew up in a mix of the moddy boy era and the hippy era. Drug taking was very rife in either group moddy boys/girls were all about uppers, amphetamines and the like to help them stay awake dancing through the night at the all night discos and the hippies cannabis and LSD and the like.

The people who did not do any sort of drugs that I knew were very rare and most of my friends at the time were mainly grammar school class.

Those people are now grandparents and would have brought up their own children and there attitudes to their own children taking drugs was probably much more lenient than our parents.

The biggest problem I see in this day and talking to my own children is that the strength of what was classed as recreational drugs has massively increased and had they been legalised this probably could have been controlled a lot better.

I feel lucky that neither of my children have gone beyond trying to see what it is like. What ahs been good is being able to talk to them about the perils of drug taking. I had several friends go on to harder stuff and die early as a result.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Thoughts please me dears.

Ms Dick is right that drug taking is rife, but she is wrong to say it’s the middle classes, it’s the working classes which are fuelling the demand which she is alluding to. It’s common to see it going on in the cubicle in the local pubs and every event I went to last year from the 6 nations to the darts at Christmas there was cocaine and although it was corporate it was all working class people there.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I joined London Underground at 16, we have a very strict drugs and booze policy

Even if I went on holiday to Amsterdam where weed is legal I couldn’t have it unless I had 6 weeks off after as it would be in my system

It’s not worth the risk so I have never tried any drug

Many of my mates from other jobs however..

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My BiL had a pub for a while, long gone now. He was shocked to discover the number of punters taking drugs in the toilets, mens and ladies. Following advice from other landlords he ended up smearing vaseline on lots of the bathroom surfaces 🤔. He had some grumpy people coming out of them for a while but didn't get many complaints 😄, they didn't have the balls for that. The drinkers there would not be described as middle class but that was by the by.

Personally I'm in the middle class grouping but don't know anyone in my circle who takes any form of drugs. I'm a pretty poor person to know about these things though, I'm not a big one for pubs in the evening.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Go into a cubicle pretty much anywhere and you'll struggle to find a straight edge for exactly this reason.

Rounded toilet roll holders, slanted toilet tanks etc. Coke in particular is everywhere.

D

Deleted member 1418

Dabbled a couple of times when I was younger mainly because all my mates who I knocked around with were a couple of years older.

To be honest saw the effects of them quite early and therefore knocked it on the head pretty quickly - preferred a drink anyway.

Oh and the fact I knocked out a toerag small time dealer at a party who was taking the piss out of me for not partaking! Not ashamed to say I took all his cash and left. Kept me head down for a few weeks afterwards!! 😂😂

U

User62651

If it's legal enjoy in moderation if you wish, if illegal give it a miss.

Cressida Dick is right, May is in denial about effects of her cuts when Home Secretary.

D

Deleted member 18121

I work in the city.... Coke is the drug of choice. It gets done before/during/after work hours and all by middle class Tarquins that should know better .