Membership in Surrey/Middlesex

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Other one down A3 is Drift which is very good

I'd be a bit careful with the Drift, it's got a huge membership and some at my old course left for there and (unless you're very organised) getting on at a weekend is a struggle. When you do get on, unless your up and out for one of the very early tee slots expect a very, very slow round.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Sunbury Golf Club which is also part of the Crown group is £1100 for 7 day 800 for 5 day. IMO a pretty nothing course but also in your area and the cheaper end of memberships
Just a quick note, this is what I ended up doing. I currently enjoy the 9 hole course, but I am planning to play the 18 one next week. They have a couple of competition sheets hanging in the club house, and I think i will try one or 2 of them in November, getting some cards PFH.

I quite like it, seems a friendly course and at my level it is challenging enough for the time being. My next door neighbour where I didn't know he plays golf joined Hampton just the week before We can have games at each other's place once I find my confidence. He played of 12.

I joined on the 8 month for the price of 6 winter membership, I can review between the courses in the summer. But I like that on a bad day it takes me 16 minutes to drive there while in teh other direction it can take an hour for the 3 miles.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just a quick note, this is what I ended up doing. I currently enjoy the 9 hole course, but I am planning to play the 18 one next week. They have a couple of competition sheets hanging in the club house, and I think i will try one or 2 of them in November, getting some cards PFH.

I quite like it, seems a friendly course and at my level it is challenging enough for the time being. My next door neighbour where I didn't know he plays golf joined Hampton just the week before We can have games at each other's place once I find my confidence. He played of 12.

I joined on the 8 month for the price of 6 winter membership, I can review between the courses in the summer. But I like that on a bad day it takes me 16 minutes to drive there while in teh other direction it can take an hour for the 3 miles.
Glad you have a place you enjoy. Get out on the 18 hole course, get the cards in and see how you get on over the winter. When are the subs due again? Perhaps review your options again once you are playing regularly. If you are happy at Sunbury then enjoy 2020 there and get the handicap down