Membership cost increase

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Budget for 2023:
- Energy costs up 100%
- Insurance up 85%
- Rates up 55%
- Staff costs up 10% (most staff in clubhouse on minimum wage)
- Course consumables (e.g. fertilizer) up on average 9%

The outcome:
- Subs up 10%
- Green fees up 30%

At this rate we will hit £3k in a couple of years. At these prices I will continue to always wear trainers in the clubhouse even though they do not meet the dress code (ok I don't wear trainers to the black tie events).

I’ve got to assume you’re somewhere south of Oxford if you’re paying fees close to that! You’d be able to join 3 very decent courses and have change in the midlands ?

JayB

Visit site
I seem to recall there was a waiting period before you could join iGolf if you have just left a club.

Correct, 6 month waiting period.

The best solution would be to join a club that offers a minimal fee membership option, for example Orchardleigh Golf and Country Club for £1 excluding golf union fees. Cheaper than iGolf and accepted for opens

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The best solution would be to join a club that offers a minimal fee membership option, for example Orchardleigh Golf and Country Club for £1 excluding golf union fees. Cheaper than iGolf and accepted for opens
That’s sort of bypassing the system surely
If that was allowed how would their caps be monitored?

D-S

Visit site

Also you get a County Card and the EG insurance, no idea why anyone would do the iGolf thing.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Budget for 2023:
- Energy costs up 100%
- Insurance up 85%
- Rates up 55%
- Staff costs up 10% (most staff in clubhouse on minimum wage)
- Course consumables (e.g. fertilizer) up on average 9%

The outcome:
- Subs up 10%
- Green fees up 30%

At this rate we will hit £3k in a couple of years. At these prices I will continue to always wear trainers in the clubhouse even though they do not meet the dress code (ok I don't wear trainers to the black tie events).
So the staff are getting a pay rise in line with inflation ?. Imagine that ?

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Tax is a fact of life, if you earn enough you pay it. The more you earn the more you pay. I had a guvner once who looked on paying tax as a badge of honour, so to speak. He viewed it as the more tax he paid, the more he had in his bank account. On the other hand, in theory, money into your pension should be to your benefit.

sunshine

Visit site
Not really .
If staff costs go up 10% that dosnt all go to the staff.
Will be lucky to get 7%. Rest goes to Taxman ,pension etc.

I’m not an expert on this, but if staff get a 10% pay rise, tax , pension, NI also will go up 10% so overall staff costs increase 10%

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m not an expert on this, but if staff get a 10% pay rise, tax , pension, NI also will go up 10% so overall staff costs increase 10%
It said staff costs not pay rise.
Costs include any costs incurred by the employer
So 7% pay rise could be 10% cost to employer.
No expert myself but that’s how my boss always explained it to me.
If I was on 30k it cost 35k to employ me.