Membership cost increase

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Our builder quoted £1500 to take down and dispose of our conservatory. I’m doing it myself, and the labour cost I save (will still have to pay council to remove dismantled if can’t get someone to take it off my hands) will cover any increase in next years subs. Well I blinkin’ well hope it does.

Cut the bugger up and run it to the dump in sections for recycling. The glass panels should unclip if you remove the beads

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Cut the bugger up and run it to the dump in sections for recycling. The glass panels should unclip if you remove the beads
Got a couple of folk willing to take it away - wish them luck trying to build it again. Anyway…I’ve just about dismantled it, but can’t get the internal glazing beads out - I am wary about applying too much pressure in case I shatter a glazing panel…hopefully I’ll get the knack tomorrow.

JT.

Visit site
10% at my place - about standard across the UK I would imagine. Solid rationale put forward by the club around rising costs, I’m proud to say it also included the fact we’re giving the lowest paid staff at the club a 10% pay rise.

I will gladly make savings elsewhere to cover the cost, which probably equates to a couple of bottles of wine every month. So a win/win for my health too ?

sunshine

Visit site
The missing link will be people with multiple memberships, these will almost certainly be first hit even if it’s just a social membership.

I'll just fetch my violin to play a little tune for those poor souls who can no longer afford multiple memberships. Some of them will have to slum it with a single membership.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'll just fetch my violin to play a little tune for those poor souls who can no longer afford multiple memberships. Some of them will have to slum it with a single membership.

You’re missing the point. A lot of clubs that are being used as secondary or third memberships will see little traffic for that membership. You start taking slot of county/5 day memberships from a clubs cash flow and they’ll feel the hit

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

You’re missing the point. A lot of clubs that are being used as secondary or third memberships will see little traffic for that membership. You start taking slot of county/5 day memberships from a clubs cash flow and they’ll feel the hit

Loss of revenue from country memberships is only the first issue; the secondary will be the hike that becomes necessary to keep the club afloat that then means single club members may no longer be able to afford membership. And if they lose too many of those members the vicious circle will continue.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Ours will be £1220 next year if approved by the SGM later in the month. Up from (I think) £1050 this year.

£100 a month is comfortably less than St Pierre and Celtic Manor. Although St P includes use of something called a gym!

Looking at the accounts, I think the management have done well.
We have 73 on the waiting list, and a joining fee. Wonder if we'll lose any/many?

Interestingly, the summer green fee is up £10 to £70. That's a reflection on trying to keep visitor numbers down. That will round here!!

D-S

Visit site
Ours will be £1220 next year if approved by the SGM later in the month. Up from (I think) £1050 this year.

£100 a month is comfortably less than St Pierre and Celtic Manor. Although St P includes use of something called a gym!

Looking at the accounts, I think the management have done well.
We have 73 on the waiting list, and a joining fee. Wonder if we'll lose any/many?

Interestingly, the summer green fee is up £10 to £70. That's a reflection on trying to keep visitor numbers down. That will round here!!
So 16%?
Also certainly better value at ‘Rogerstone’ (as we know it from this side of the river), than St.Pierre or Celtic Manor - proper members club as well as a good track.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Re waiting lists, how are they kept active?
(not really worth another thread)

Do the waiting players pay to be on the list or some other metric used to keep the list active
I. E if the list is 100 strong how does the club know at any time how many would join if offered membership next season?
10 mightve moved house
10 could be dead
10 no longer able to afford it
10 lost interest
10 joined elsewhere
Etc
Etc
And suddenly 40 players leave/don't renew but there's only an actual waiting list of 20 to bring in

Or is it just a bit like social media followers where xyz has a million followers but actually only 100k of them visited in the last 6 months

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Do the waiting players pay to be on the list or some other metric used to keep the list active
I. E if the list is 100 strong how does the club know at any time how many would join if offered membership next season?
10 mightve moved house
10 could be dead
10 lost interest
10 joined elsewhere
Etc
Etc
And suddenly 40 players leave/don't renew but there's only an actual waiting list of 20 to bring in

Or is it just a bit like social media followers where xyz has a million followers but actually only 100k of them visited in the last 6 months

A club around here had a very strong waiting list for over three years, when they revisited the list the 119 that were on it was down to 30 as they had joined elsewhere etc etc.

Two other strong clubs only charge £250 joining fee but that is paid prior to going on a waiting this. This is fully refundable if you change your mind but it does allow them to have a current and accurate forecast of potential members. I have no gripe with this system.

Mandofred

Visit site
I think if I had to pay to be allowed to wait to join a golf course, I’d not be joining said golf course
When I moved back to the UK, this was my attitude as well. Lucky timing for me, no waiting list, no joining fee, running shoes were allowed inside......if it had been like it was 20 years ago I would have found something else to do.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

10 mightve moved house
10 could be dead
10 lost interest
10 joined elsewhere
Etc
Etc

You would hope people on the list would inform the club they no longer wish to join.
But if 40 leave and only 20 join your 20 members down .
Simple as that.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
You would hope people on the list would inform the club they no longer wish to join.
But if 40 leave and only 20 join your 20 members down .
Simple as that.

Perhaps but by the same token if a club doesn't keep in touch with potential members why would potential members keep in touch with the club

Two way wotsit

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Perhaps but by the same token if a club doesn't keep in touch with potential members why would potential members keep in touch with the club

Two way wotsit
I'm on a waiting list for a fishing lake. Each year I get an email asking me of intent to join