Membership cost increase

Albo

Visit site
You would hope people on the list would inform the club they no longer wish to join.
But if 40 leave and only 20 join your 20 members down .
Simple as that.
I disagree that I should inform the club if I no longer want to be on the wait list.
I am the customer in this relationship, if they want my custom they need to be the ones reaching out to me, not expecting me to tell them if I change my mind.
Simply an email out at the start of the year to say waiting list still in operation, thanks for your patience, if you no longer wish to be on the list please let us know.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I disagree that I should inform the club if I no longer want to be on the wait list.
I am the customer in this relationship, if they want my custom they need to be the ones reaching out to me, not expecting me to tell them if I change my mind.
Simply an email out at the start of the year to say waiting list still in operation, thanks for your patience, if you no longer wish to be on the list please let us know.
We will have to agree to disagree.
I think it’s common curtesy to inform a club.
you have actively put your name on their list that you no longer want to be a member.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
If clubs put their subs up then we should all kick off and contact the BBC about how we, as golfers, are now struggling to pay for something that we could previously afford and due to price increases cause by people in power we are no longer able to afford to pay for this and just what is the government going to do about it!!!!!!!? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If clubs put their subs up then we should all kick off and contact the BBC about how we, as golfers, are now struggling to pay for something that we could previously afford and due to price increases cause by people in power we are no longer able to afford to pay for this and just what is the government going to do about it!!!!!!!? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Alternatively a call to Mr Ferrari on LBC should have him venting his spleen about the injustice and inconvenience, as he does…though we’d probably first have to be seeing it being reported on the front page of the DM ?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was talking to friend who’s on a committee of a club this week and he has strongly urged the management to hold fees at the current cost with NO INCREASE this year. With clubs around them already £150-200 more expensive and all looking at a 10% average increase, he has urged the club to look at this as an ideal time to recruit more members.

Smart move if you have spaces to fill.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I was talking to friend who’s on a committee of a club this week and he has strongly urged the management to hold fees at the current cost with NO INCREASE this year. With clubs around them already £150-200 more expensive and all looking at a 10% average increase, he has urged the club to look at this as an ideal time to recruit more members.

That only works if you have sufficient tee times to accommodate them. I’m sure there was someone on here bemoaning the fact that he couldn’t get a time at his club. If I could just remember who it was… ? ?

Mandofred

Visit site

This is what I mentioned back on page 1, same thing I've "heard" our club is thinking about doing.

Although, as mentioned, if this were to increase the difficulty of getting tee times I would likely move back to another club I was at last year....longer drive, but easy to get a tee time.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Not the same club blue, but I’m impressed that your memory can still go 6-8 months. ?

? Joking aside, the point still stands; it only works if you’re short. Ours has been looking at letting more in but keeping a close eye on tee times it appears there isn’t the space without risking a shortage of weekend tee times.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
? Joking aside, the point still stands; it only works if you’re short. Ours has been looking at letting more in but keeping a close eye on tee times it appears there isn’t the space without risking a shortage of weekend tee times.
This is happening at mine now.
You need a very fast finger to get in the comps on sat now.
I havnt got a time for the next two Saturdays , not to bothered as I can play midweek.
But anyone working all week has a problem.

Visit site
On the subject of waiting lists?
I don’t think I’ve ever heard of having to pay just to join the waiting list? As someone alluded to on here.

Additionally… I’d love to join Burnham & Berrow as a country member. It’s 140 miles/2hrs 40mins away, and for £590 per year it is fair value. However… Their waiting list is completely full and they’re not entertaining new applications.

Kind of like the queue to see the Queen lying in state… I’d like to form a new waiting list to join the full waiting list… Rather than trying to remember to check the website every once in a while.

Or they could up the price a bit, get rid of a few existing country members and dissuade some more from the waiting list and happy days

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t think I’ve ever heard of having to pay just to join the waiting list? As someone alluded to on here.

Additionally… I’d love to join Burnham & Berrow as a country member. It’s 140 miles/2hrs 40mins away, and for £590 per year it is fair value. However… Their waiting list is completely full and they’re not entertaining new applications.

Kind of like the queue to see the Queen lying in state… I’d like to form a new waiting list to join the full waiting list… Rather than trying to remember to check the website every once in a while.

Or they could up the price a bit, get rid of a few existing country members and dissuade some more from the waiting list and happy days
Get Phil & Holly to sponsor you .
You will be in the front then no waiting.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
You're looking to be a *member*, it's a big difference, you're part of the club, you're part owner of the club

Albo

Visit site
You're looking to be a *member*, it's a big difference, you're part of the club, you're part owner of the club
Indeed I am, but there are many clubs in the vicinity, I have the right to expect a certain level of them trying covert me as a potential member, and if a mail shot once per year is too much for them to do, then why should I bother telling them when I’m no longer interested??

SurreyGolfer

Visit site

Burhill do this, they prioritise:
- 5 day members who wish to upgrade to 7 day memberships
- people on the waiting list who have paid a non-refundable deposit of £350
- people on the waiting list