Member Guest Pass at your club?

TigerBear

Visit site
Been told by a club official that as of next season our member's guest pass price will be increased to £20 a head. Causing a bit of a stir within the membership. Can understand why people feel mistreated as subs having taken quite a hike too over the last couple of years.

By way of background, only a few years ago, pre-Covid, we had members complimentary guest passes which was then scrapped, price set a £5 per head, then hiked up year on year.

Out of interest what's the policy at your club?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Usual green fee is £45, members guest is £27 but you can buy a book of vouchers at renewal time which includes a couple of free tickets

Teebs

Visit site
1 free 4ball (so 3 guests) per year, £20 after that (weekday/weekend). Supposed to be a cap on 6 guests per year, but in reality, no-one cares at all.

Weekend visitors fee is £70..

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
We just have visitors and members guest rates - all reasonable imho.

We have been given a complimentary guest green fee this year as a thank you to the members for sticking with the club through the grotty winter we've had - so taking a mate along today for a free round.

green fee.png

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our members guest rate is only a tenner less than the full rate according to the website (£40 instead of £50). In the week it's even less reduction, £36 instead of £40. I was given three vouchers when I renewed membership for free guest fees though. Have used one already and will be using a second this Tuesday.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours is £20 bargin for the course.
It’s £70 visitors weekend.

Used to get a free fourball but club stopped it., false economy imo as the three lads I used to bring from my old club spent a good few Bob in food and bar afterwards.

Multiply that by say half the membership that’s a lot of money.

RichA

Visit site
Ours is £30 at the weekend for visitors and £27 for members' guests. We're supposed to get vouchers including a free guest round but nobody has seen such a voucher for a few years.
If I played as a visitor I think our course would perhaps be worth £15 for a round between August and June. It's normally quite nice in July when the grass and weed growth slows down a bit but before the fairways turn to concrete.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Green fee £30, guest rate £20.

If the guest rate is too cheap then it can be a disincentive to join. Someone may just keep playing with a mate. I know there are usually limits on that but it depends how well that is enforced.

I think £15-20 is a good compromise.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Our member-guest includes amenities beyond the golf--cart, drinks, dinner, etc.--and is thus quite expensive (I don't know the exchange rate in Pounds Sterling).

It happens to be the only club-organized event in which I play.
Otherwise, it's just breakfast and weekday social golf with my fellow-geriatric friends.

I play in the member-guest to reciprocate another member-guest to which I'm invited.
Sometimes, the latter is the only round that I play away from our club all year.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Full GF is £85, guest is £35.

In the op’s position, I would rather the guest fee goes to £20 and the increase in subs is softened rather than my guests playing for a £5’er add my going up by xx%. They are guests and £20 isn’t a high cost fee, in the south you could get a twilight 9 hole ticket for that so it still seems good value.