Mayweather vs McGregor - Official

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Doubt the guy that wrote it is feeling cringe. Not when Conor is flying him out to Vegas to watch the fight and then hanging out with him after.

Last edited:

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry to repeat but it's such a big money fight for both (that they'll want to repeat) they have to make a show so there'll be no early KOs. Fully expect a very defensive contest and a Mayweather points decision with Mcgregor standing there at the end saying 'you didn't even hurt me' - that way both get kudos and it's set up for bout 2 and another payday. Surely I'm not a cynic to suggest this will be staged? They must have agreed in advance that neither loses face.

I think Shaun Michaels or someone will run in, clothesline one of them, drop kick the other and run off with the belt.... rematch at summerslam next year....

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Doubt the guy that wrote it is feeling cringe. Not when Conor is flying him out to Vegas to watch the fight and then hanging out with him after.

Im sure the person responsible for Crocs doesn't mind their bank balance. Doesn't make em any less ridiculous.

No no need to be so precious about it.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40991863

Lennox has it right - complete farce

He added: "Everybody wants to know what's going to happen.

"I don't think it is a fight that I am going to jump on a plane and go to see unless they pay me to commentate on it."

It's all about entertainment & no one is forced to watch it.

Lenox isn't bothered about going to the fight unless he can make a few quid out of it himself 🤔

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
My heart is with Conor in this fight, but my brain does give Floyd the edge, however, I don't see there being the gulf in ability that a lot of people are making out. There are a few things to consider with this fight that may give Conor a slight edge:

- Conor is the younger and far more active fighter
- Floyd's not been at a reach disadvantage since the De La Hoya fight which was 10 years ago and Conor has an extra inch on Oscar
- Conor will also be heavier than anyone Floyd has fought, walking around at between 164 and 168 which is what he will walk to the ring at, 154 is really Floyd's max (which is why he's eating Burger King on fight week)
- Floyd has never fought anyone that will utilise the karate/taekwondo style stance that Conor brings to the table
- Conor has worked incredibly hard on his already stellar cardio. 12 rounds of Boxing is longer in time but nowhere near as taxing as a 5 round MMA fight. He has done multiple 12 round spars in training camp with no issue, and Paulie Malignaggi even said Conor came on even stronger in rounds 10, 11 and 12
- Conor has already shown he has Boxing skills and talent by beating on Paulie in Camp. He knocked him down and put in some excellent work against a 2 weight world champion

I do see Floyd taking a boring 12 round decision, but write Conor McGregor off at your peril. This is no picnic for Floyd Mayweather, on Saturday night he better show up ready for war, because Conor is coming to shock the world. He has been written off his whole career. There was no way he was beating Dustin Poirier, even less chance of him getting past Chad Mendes, zero possibility he was beating the 145 king Jose Aldo and was never going to beat Eddie Alvarez. He beat them all convincingly and beat others along the way. He's a hungry, talented student of the game and make no mistake, he will have done his homework on Floyd and will know his game inside out. His coaches - John Kavanagh and Owen Roddy are two of the best tactical coaches in Combat Sports and they'll have formulated a superb gameplan for this fight.

So you can call this fight a circus or a farce all you like, but prepared to be shocked. Conor's not going to roll over and be embarrassed by Floyd on Saturday night. This is going to be a fight. I might be wrong, and if I am I'll hold my hands up, but I just don't see it. Definitely not impossible for Conor to win. We'll see Saturday night.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think Conor will knock him out in 10 seconds. Looking at 30 seconds of sparring footage where he managed to land a few punches on Paulie Mallignaggi, who was stopped by European level Sam Eggington, I think he looks too good. He's clumsy novice style will be to much for former P4P number 1 and future first ballot HOF Mayweather.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
"An Irishman is not to be underestimated, just don't do it. Too much history, too much hardship. I love it. I love it." - Chris Eubank has it right.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Money talks, and this fight is only about money (as will the likely rematch be). However, I will be watching and am very intrigued. I fully expect Mayweather to see out a closed shop UD but accept that McGregor could land a KO punch to Floyd's chin. Could. So could have Cotto, Pacquiao, Mosley, Canelo, De La Hoya, Castillo, Hatton and many, many other world class boxers. But they didn't, and McGregor is not a world class boxer.

All the furore about Malinaggi is ridiculous. I don't see how it's relevant. He's not a current world class operator. Granted, he once was a slick and brave boxer but he's past it. To put things into perspective Sam Eggington stopped him earlier this year. And what do them clips actually prove? He's getting paid to spar McGregor. Probably working on specific Mayweather attributes.

I like McGregor. He's great to watch in MMA where he is absolutely world class. He's a great talker and brilliant in self promotion. Above all he's smart, using this to secure his and his families future with this one fight. Do you think he'll be overly bothered if he loses (banking tens of millions) in a boxing match to one of the best of all time? He won't exactly lose face.

Don't get me wrong, if the codes were switched McGregor would finish Floyd within 30 seconds. He'd use his skill and experience to his advantage. I fully expect to see Mayweather doing the same on Saturday night.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I fully expect these to be said once McGregor is beaten:
"He'd kill Mayweather in a real fight/cage within 30 seconds!"
"So what if he was beaten, he's made millions!" (Always find this one particularly weird.)
"What have you ever done in a ring/cage?"
"He's not a boxer!"

Log it

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think Conor will knock him out in 10 seconds. Looking at 30 seconds of sparring footage where he managed to land a few punches on Paulie Mallignaggi, who was stopped by European level Sam Eggington, I think he looks too good. He's clumsy novice style will be to much for former P4P number 1 and future first ballot HOF Mayweather.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
The only chance McGregor has imo is if he runs full pelt at the start of the fight at mayweather and manages to some how connect, after any initial surprise, of which I am sure mayweather is preped for, he doesnt have a chance. I dislike mayweather, i dont enjoy watching him, i would enjoy seeing him knocked clean out, but I just cant see it at all. I wont watch this until i can find a repeat on you tube or similar, as I feel it will be a complete farce, as was posted a bit back, the GGG fight thats coming will be something to talk about, a proper boxing contest, not a hulk hogan v rocky debarcle!
props to conor though, sets him up for life, no professional shame in losing to an unbeaten champ from a different code, back the ufc next for another money spinner probably

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I fully expect these to be said once McGregor is beaten:
"He'd kill Mayweather in a real fight/cage within 30 seconds!"
"So what if he was beaten, he's made millions!" (Always find this one particularly weird.)
"What have you ever done in a ring/cage?"
"He's not a boxer!"

Log it

Don't let it bother you.
Just pretend that the fight isn't happening.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
the two fighters already know whos winning and in what round. its as fake as wwf wrestling match. the whole thing is a farce and designed to make people rich.