UFC 194: Aldo vs McGregor

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Conor's pissed at himself that he lost, so wants to prove a point that he can beat Diaz with exactly the same circumstances in place. Interestingly Diaz has come out and said that he spoiled plans for a GSP return. Apparently if Conor had won GSP was returning to face him at 170 at UFC 200. would have been HUGE.

Interestingly Aldo vs Edgar is also scheduled for UFC 200 for the Interim 145 belt. Winner faces Conor. Praying Edgar wins.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sad story, but goes to show what can happen when a combat sport isn't properly regulated. Never been a death in a regulated MMA promotion. Steps need to be taken to fully regulate the sport and make it safer for the fighters.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
OMG Michael Bisping is UFC champion!!!!! Some shock him beating Rockhold after taking the fight on short notice, couple of cracking left hands! Fair play to him

Grogger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
OMG Michael Bisping is UFC champion!!!!! Some shock him beating Rockhold after taking the fight on short notice, couple of cracking left hands! Fair play to him

Made up for him. I think now he's has the most fights out of any fighter in UFC history and most wins. Thoroughly deserves it.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Im not going to pretend to know much about UFC,but I'm looking forward to the the Mcgregor v Diaz fight.
So who do you fancy?
McGregor slight favourite with the bookies,but nothing in it really.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
McGregor by not gassing this time. He should win. He has spent $300,000 on the most technically advanced camp in the history of MMA. Has had a custom-designed UFC Gym designed to his specifications in Vegas, has flown in the best sparring partners available, has scheduled his training properly moving away from just being in the gym all day like he was doing, has worked seriously hard on his cardio and has a top nutritionist looking after his diet. If that doesn't pay off, then Diaz is just the better man. I think it will though. I think Conor will win by TKO at the end of the 2nd.

Also, Anthony Johnson vs Glover Teixeira is going to be one hell of a fight. This card is going to sell huge.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So McGregor spent 6 figures on a training camp and still gassed in the third. Walking away from him oppo and looking at the clock for periods of the 4th and 5th. He probably did enough to edge it but there wasn't much in it.

U

User62651

When will people learn that no one wins a fight, imo it's ridiculous in this day and age that brawling to injure or incapacitate another person especially through brain injury for entertainment is acceptable and what message does it send to kids, especially boys.

There are dozens of sports that people can get into to channel aggression/train/compete physically/go professional that don't involve repeatedly deliberately trying to injure an opponents brain to the point of unconsciousness/brain damage/death.

People's bloodlust, lust for violence, propensity for warring, needs to be addressed if humanity is going to get anywhere and resolve its many problems. Society and the law tells us that assault is wrong and violence is wrong, you shouldn't ever do that as it's criminal, then on tv they put that UFC stuff on....it's all wrong, sends the wrong message out, it's base and it's exploitation of the poor to make money for the few who care little for the forgotten victims eating through straws, in wheelchairs or even dead....................IMO.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fighting is an innate part of human nature. It is the purest form of competition, and should never go away. Let's not get into that though. I love watching fighting of all forms, you don't. Our opinions differ and they always will. Let's leave it there.

Good, solid performance from Conor. His body doesn't perform well at 170 though, he's not big enough, it puts too much strain on his muscles. His performance in the 1st round was superb though, and the judge that scored a round 10-8 to Nate should surely have scored the first a 10-8 for Conor. He won 3 rounds comfortably for me, and although he faded at the end, he was still landing good shots on Nate. Close fight, and a good war, but Conor the better man on the night. I'd like to see a 3rd fight at 155, but Conor has go down and spark Jose again at 145 first.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fighting is an innate part of human nature. It is the purest form of competition, and should never go away. Let's not get into that though. I love watching fighting of all forms, you don't. Our opinions differ and they always will. Let's leave it there.

Good, solid performance from Conor. His body doesn't perform well at 170 though, he's not big enough, it puts too much strain on his muscles. His performance in the 1st round was superb though, and the judge that scored a round 10-8 to Nate should surely have scored the first a 10-8 for Conor. He won 3 rounds comfortably for me, and although he faded at the end, he was still landing good shots on Nate. Close fight, and a good war, but Conor the better man on the night. I'd like to see a 3rd fight at 155, but Conor has go down and spark Jose again at 145 first.

Spot on,when I watched it the first time I thought it was closer than it actually was imo.

The 2nd time Connor imo clearly won the fight quite comfortably.

To do that in a weight section that is clearly to heavy for him is incredible and if they fight again at a lower weight I would expect an easier victory for Connor.

Full credit to both fighters for putting up a fight that matched the hype.