UFC 194: Aldo vs McGregor

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone a fan of the UFC or watching this weekend? Features a stacked card with a double title co-main event. Middleweight king and ender of Anderson Silva's streak Chris Weidman defends against Luke Rockhold and then the main event is Brazilian Jose Aldo taking on Interim champ - Ireland's Conor McGregor.

The card has been hyped beyond belief and Conor is probably the most popular fighter in the UFC right now. I personally am a huge fan. Unlike Fury he is pure class, talks the smack to his opponent but away from the pre-fight hype is intelligent, well-spoken and well-mannered. He is rightly the highest paid fighter in the UFC and I think he's taking Jose's belt. Jose is hugely talented but has flaws, flaws that Conor can exploit. Conor is bigger, stronger, has MUCH better cardio, an iron chin and KO power. Basically a nightmare for Jose Aldo.

Main Card:

UFC Featherweight Title: Jose Aldo (C) vs Conor McGregor (IC)
UFC Middleweight Title: Chris Weidman vs Luke Rockhold
Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza vs Yoel Romero
Demian Maia vs Gunnar Nelson
Max Holloway vs Jeremy Stephens

Should be an awesome event. Not been as excited for a UFC event in a long time.

Here's the extended preview if you're interested:

[video=youtube;5-dKGd67g0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-dKGd67g0Y[/video]

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yep, I'll be watching. Looking forward to it even more than last time. It's a stacked card that is for sure but McGregor has made it all about him. He is now the name of the UFC and love him or hate him, his fights are very watchable and he's brilliant at publicising a fight. For me it is still a 50/50. It says a lot however when Aldo, defending champion and unbeaten in 10 years is viewed as an underdog by many. I would like McGregor to win and think if he lands then I fancy his chances but possibly Aldo may edge it if it goes the distance. Mind you I think only one of McGregor's fights have gone full length so I don't know what he'll be like in the championship rounds.
Decent night of potentially decent fights though if you're into boxing too with Joshua v Whyte and Eubank Jnr v O'Sullivan (plus others) on PPV.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
[video=youtube;KfSAXxtw0V8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfSAXxtw0V8[/video]

This is well worth a watch. So excited for this fight!

Jimbop90

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's my works Christmas do on Saturday night, so I'm banking on my hotel having good enough wifi at 3am to stream it.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
[video=youtube;kLOqrqfgjFQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLOqrqfgjFQ[/video]

This Dan Hardy breakdown of the fight is fantastic. Picks up so many of the little details that I would never have seen. Great watch.

So pumped for the fight this weekend!

Grogger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mustafaev didn't mess about! Clinical finish to his fight. Looked scarily good and composed throughout!!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Didn't see it .. neither did aldo ha

Just curious was it sloppy aldo caught cold with a fight finisher ? sound like that from what I hear ..

Not that it matters just curious

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And the fans go wild :D

BIU422LCMAEz0HK.jpg