Mayweather vs McGregor - Official

D

Deleted member 16999

In the US it's $89.95 to watch it in SD, $99.95 in HD, which is probably where they've got the figures from. I'd be amazed if they tried to charge that in the UK, it'll likely be £19.95 here, like the Joshua fight was, maybe slightly more. They'll know they'll get basically zero buys if they try and charge £90 for it.
Good call, you working for Sky ;)

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's fight week savages. How long we expecting Floyd to survive then? I reckon he'll make it to Round 3 before Conor decides to take him out.

U

User62651

It's fight week savages. How long we expecting Floyd to survive then? I reckon he'll make it to Round 3 before Conor decides to take him out.

Sorry to repeat but it's such a big money fight for both (that they'll want to repeat) they have to make a show so there'll be no early KOs. Fully expect a very defensive contest and a Mayweather points decision with Mcgregor standing there at the end saying 'you didn't even hurt me' - that way both get kudos and it's set up for bout 2 and another payday. Surely I'm not a cynic to suggest this will be staged? They must have agreed in advance that neither loses face.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Absolutely won't be staged. This will be a fight, and both guys will be going in to knock the other out. Floyd wouldn't have agreed to 8oz gloves if he was happy to settle for a boring decision. This is going to be a really fun fight, possibly the most exciting Mayweather fight in recent history!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My son is getting his mates around and staying up for it. I'll give it a miss.

I'm not massively into boxing, totally not UFC but from what I have heard it sounds as through McGregor needs to ko Mayweather in the first few rounds. If it gets past that, 3 maybe 4 rounds, then Mayweather will just toy with him for 12, as he does most opponents. If I was Mayweathers manager I would have put a clause in the contract stating McGregor forfeits his money if he kicks, knees etc Mayweather. Anyone else think he may go rogue if Mayweather plays with him, out of pure frustration?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Conor does have that exact clause in his contract. He won't be kicking, kneeing, choking Floyd. He bought an experienced boxing referee, Joe Cortez, into camp to referee his sparring sessions. He's taking this very seriously, there won't be any shenanigans.

Interested to see that during the latest episode of UFC Embedded, the pre-fight Vlog series, Floyd's spent fight week so far playing Top Golf and eating Burger King. I hope for his sake he isn't taking Conor lightly, otherwise he'll end up embarrassed. Just like Paulie Malignaggi.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Forgot it was this Saturday! TBH, not bothered who wins now. Floyd should win by a country mile but McG has a good puncher's chance.

Canelo v GGG is what I'm really waiting for.