Mayweather vs McGregor - Official

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't think UK prices have been released yet, that's the price for american viewers, in America the price for mcgregor V mayweather is the same as it was when floyd fought manny.
Very doubtful it will be anything like that over here. Whatever the PPV price was for manny and floyd over here, this fight will be in the same ballpark maybe a wee bit more.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
In the US it's $89.95 to watch it in SD, $99.95 in HD, which is probably where they've got the figures from. I'd be amazed if they tried to charge that in the UK, it'll likely be £19.95 here, like the Joshua fight was, maybe slightly more. They'll know they'll get basically zero buys if they try and charge £90 for it.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whats your reasons for it being a poor fight?

I thought that the Hatton Mayweather fight was going to be great but it was a bore fest and poorly refereed.
As long as they both come to fight I'm keeping the faith.

Probably because it's a novice boxer against a former P4P no1. Mismatch doesn't even come close

U

User62651

Did the 3 or 4 press conferences do what they're supposed to do - sell tickets? Doubt it, so see through panto it's ridiculous. You have 2 very astute businessmen and their agents selling something and suckers perhaps buying into it. $100m each you'll say whatever you're told to.
Every man and his dog knows this is utter farce, Joshua and Klitschko took worthy praise for not entering into all the trash talk nonsense that plagues boxing these days and they produced a classic in the ring.
I'm convinced this 'fight' will be a stitch up, rehearsed WWE style, Mayweather will win but he won't be allowed to KO McGregor, let McGregor have some success, points decision so both Mayweather and McGregor can walk away for a rematch in a years time for another $100m each.
More fool the numpties watching this in the belief it's a real fight, it's just a circus.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site

What a load of toss that was. Pitching Conor as a racist which is just hilariously inaccurate. He then clearly has precisely zero MMA knowledge, for example;

"best known for a spinning side kick leading into a left cross"

That is not a combination that Conor is known for. He uses both of those weapons, but the spinning side kick doesn't lead into the left cross. Also worth noting:

"He is a fine MMA fighter, but he’s more known for being obnoxiously brash and saying crazy racist things about his opponent than he is for his skills"

That is so inaccurate it's untrue. He is way more than a "fine" MMA fighter. He's one of, if not the best in the world. 2 weight world champion, something that no-one in the history of the UFC has ever done, he's more than fine. He's also not known for saying "crazy racist" things about his opponents. Referencing Floyd as "boy" wasn't racist. Boy is very commonly used in Ireland, Conor won't have known the racial connotations that word has in the US (admitted as much himself) and he's used the word in previous fights too, called both Poirier and Aldo "boy" in the octagon, but the writer of this article won't have seen that because I doubt he's seen the fights.

Also, how is this remotely comparable to Le-Bron James vs Yoenis Céspedes in a basketball match? That is a basketball player vs a baseball player, two completely different sports that don't crossover in any way at all. Utterly clueless.

D

Deleted member 15344

In fairness that's about the same price as the travelling circus that arrives at Hemel every couple of months