Mayweather vs McGregor - Official

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had to Google who McGregor is... I guess if you want to watch that's up to you. Seems bit like a rugby team taking on a football team at football....

Not really similar, completely different skill-sets. McGregor trains boxing, and utilises a very boxing heavy attack in MMA. Would be MUCH more of a mis-match in MMA. Floyd would be dusted in under a minute.

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well it's off the scale for hype value that's for sure. Easy win for floyd IMO, he's beaten bigger guys / hard punchers before. He doesn't need the money, he's loaded already. McGregor is just after the cash, it's no secret he has been trying to set himself up money wise for some time. First his demand to be cut into the profits of the UFC. now this. He has a punchers chance and that's about it.
While you can say the skill sets from football and rugby are totally different it's the same principal. A MMA fighter might well punch but it's doubtful it will be anywhere near the level of one of the greatest boxers ever. MMA punching style is different also the ringcraft is different.
McGregor is in it for the cash, nothing else.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolute circus. When McGregor fans say he has a punchers chance you know it's a one sided mismatch.

Mosley
De La Hoya
Canelo
Cotto
Hatton
Pacquiao
Etc couldn't get anywhere near him, and now you're trying to tell me someone with no amatuer or professional experience is going to? Give over

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why's it embarrassing? Conor might not be a boxer, but he's a legitimate top-level combat sports athlete. This is a dream match-up, the greatest boxer of all-time vs the best p4p mixed martial artist in the world. The money will roll in and rightly so.

Floyd isn't the greatest boxer of all time. He isn't even top 10.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Mayweather should just give it up. Doesn't need this and to be honest McGregor is on a hiding to nothing and having never boxed even as an amateur according to the reports I read he's going to be out of his depth. Nothing but a victory for the money makers

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Mayweather should just give it up. Doesn't need this and to be honest McGregor is on a hiding to nothing and having never boxed even as an amateur according to the reports I read he's going to be out of his depth. Nothing but a victory for the money makers
Which is mcgregor. He has the perfect excuse if he loses, stick 100 million in his hip pocket, then challenge floyd for another 100 million under his MMA fighting rules this time. Blah blah.

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Absolute circus. When McGregor fans say he has a punchers chance you know it's a one sided mismatch.

Mosley
De La Hoya
Canelo
Cotto
Hatton
Pacquiao
Etc couldn't get anywhere near him, and now you're trying to tell me someone with no amatuer or professional experience is going to? Give over

PacMan was cheated of the win. The stats of that fight was a farce.

TBH, I don't think the fight will really happen. Something will happen nearer the time calling the bout off.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
[video=youtube;npJdeoYxYGs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npJdeoYxYGs[/video]

First press conference in the world tour is about to start. Building up currently, bit of a mess with Ranallo, Malignaggi and Schaub talking over eachother, hopefully it'll get better when Conor and Floyd come out.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
UFC press conferences are so much better. Was set up by Floyd to make him look superior. Made Conor talk first, then had all the other mic's turned off so Conor couldn't respond. Didn't work though. He tried calling Conor out there and then, Conor challenged him and he backed down. Was also hilarious when he was shouting his moronic catchphrases and about 10 people were shouting them back at him, I guess it's lucky he had some family members and Showtime interns in the crowd.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I love how people think he has no boxing experience...

While he has made his name as a mixed martial artist, McGregor was once a promising young boxer. He walked into the Crumlin Boxing Club in Dublin at the age of 12 and his first trainer, Phil Sutcliffe, spoke to Boxing News about what McGregor was like in those developmental stages.

“He was just like any other kid who walked into the gym wanting to join a boxing club, he had to get his parents’ permission first,” he said.

“He trained very, very hard, he was one of the kids you never had to shout at, he was very focused. He wanted to be a good boxer and he was getting good, he was progressing well. He won a few novice titles [he won the Dublin Novice championships at age 16] and boxed on plenty of shows to learn his trade but before he became a Junior he found another love and packed it in"

Not saying he will beat Maywether but he has some limited boxing experience. His movement will be key in the fight.

Haven't looked forward to a fight for years as much as this one. Couldn't care less if people think its for the money (which it is lol).

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/lifting-the-lid-on-conor-mcgregors-boxing-past/

Last edited:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the interesting thing with this fight is Conor's size and his unique movement. Movement in MMA is completely different to traditional boxing, how will Conor adjust, and how will Floyd counter Conor's very unique style. I'd be surprised if Floyd got the knock-out, he has incredibly frail hands that are prone to breaking, so I can't see him laying down big power shots, but the sensible prediction is that Floyd will just out-class Conor and win a decision. Going to be real interesting if Conor lands that left hand on him though. Floyd has been stunned before, and Conor has brutal knockout power, he has that crazy power that shocks guys. You could tell from Eddie Alvarez's eyes how shocked he was when Conor landed. His punches come from weird angles, they come fast, land with precision and they hurt. I can't wait, roll on August 26th.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the interesting thing with this fight is Conor's size and his unique movement. Movement in MMA is completely different to traditional boxing, how will Conor adjust, and how will Floyd counter Conor's very unique style. I'd be surprised if Floyd got the knock-out, he has incredibly frail hands that are prone to breaking, so I can't see him laying down big power shots, but the sensible prediction is that Floyd will just out-class Conor and win a decision. Going to be real interesting if Conor lands that left hand on him though. Floyd has been stunned before, and Conor has brutal knockout power, he has that crazy power that shocks guys. You could tell from Eddie Alvarez's eyes how shocked he was when Conor landed. His punches come from weird angles, they come fast, land with precision and they hurt. I can't wait, roll on August 26th.

He has knockout power with those little gloves on. Doubt he'll carry the same with boxing gloves on.
I doubt McGregor will land on him flush, the sparring videos I've seen are pathetic and he's using Maliniaggi for this fight :rofl:

I'm not a Floyd fan but I hope he takes McGregor to school and makes him quit.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't see why anyone would side with a woman beating, sucker-punching, fake-gangster who is literally one of the dullest PPV draws in the history of combat sports over McGregor. But hey, each to their own.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love how people think he has no boxing experience...

While he has made his name as a mixed martial artist, McGregor was once a promising young boxer. He walked into the Crumlin Boxing Club in Dublin at the age of 12 and his first trainer, Phil Sutcliffe, spoke to Boxing News about what McGregor was like in those developmental stages.

“He was just like any other kid who walked into the gym wanting to join a boxing club, he had to get his parents’ permission first,” he said.

“He trained very, very hard, he was one of the kids you never had to shout at, he was very focused. He wanted to be a good boxer and he was getting good, he was progressing well. He won a few novice titles [he won the Dublin Novice championships at age 16] and boxed on plenty of shows to learn his trade but before he became a Junior he found another love and packed it in"

Not saying he will beat Maywether but he has some limited boxing experience. His movement will be key in the fight.

Haven't looked forward to a fight for years as much as this one. Couldn't care less if people think its for the money (which it is lol).

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/lifting-the-lid-on-conor-mcgregors-boxing-past/

I'd expect that the gulf in quality between a teen amateur winning a local belt and an unbeaten world champ is quite large maybe?
It's like saying the club champ who plays off 3 could beat Dustin Johnson over 18 holes, aye maybe but most probably not.
Only chance CM has is that lucky punch any boxer can land, but to be honest I'm expecting yet another Mayweather bore fest.
I do hope I'm 100% may I add .