Mayweather vs McGregor - Official

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Help me on this..
They've done the weigh in
CM now saying he's going to put on 10lbs before the fight??
How does that work?
Surely he's a whole weight division up now..?
Makes the weigh in a bit of a farce doesn't it?

It can have a bad effect if you crash the weight and then try and pile it back on. It can make you sluggish and weak. The idea behind it if done right means you're heavier than your opponent come fight night but if done incorrectly can have a detrimental effect.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Heard McGregor say he's going to outbox Mayweather because he's technically better.

I think he was actually trying to be serious
😂😂😂😂

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
It's always baffled me but it's a difficult one. In an ideal world they should weigh them as they get in the ring. How can you fight at a weight division when you are actually a weight or two above at the time of the fight?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Heard McGregor say he's going to outbox Mayweather because he's technically better.

I think he was actually trying to be serious
😂😂😂😂

Seriously doubt it. At least I hope he isn't being serious, if that's his plan it's going to end bad for him. He has superb tactical coaches behind him though so I have faith that the gameplan won't be to try and out-box and out-skill Mayweather. If that's the plan, they're deluded.

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Boxers do the exact same weight cut, well the majority do anyway.
So mcgregor says he's going to box mayweather b cause he's technically better and mayweather says he's. It going to fight a defensive fight because that's not what fans want to see😂😂😂😂
Pure horse manure from both of them.
Mcgregor, com fight time will be more the size and weight of GGG or avalrez so a good bit bigger than floyd.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did you watch any of the undercard? Saw that Cleverley lost.

No, I wasn't planning on watching the main fight but got up to put some meat on and saw it hadn't started. Pretty easy to find a decent stream.

By all accounts Cleverly offered nothing and was beaten up. Should retire now.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
If Mayweather does walk away with the much mentioned £300 million then that's a mere £10.7 million a minute.

That's some hypetastic payday.:mmm:

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I wouldn't say battered but he certainly had marks on him, nothing major, but the bruises will show in a few days, he's currently sporting a massive black eye

D

Deleted member 15344

So I guess as Mayweather dragged it out until the 10th round there will be calls for a multi million pound rematch ? But thank god it's over with and we don't have to listen to all the complete nonsense being spouted by both of them

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Haven't seen it but as it went 10 rounds did McGregor actually box well or was it a case of Mayweather being unable to get it done or wanting to drag it out. I would imagine we will get the inevitable offers for a rematch but surely for Mayweather 50 and out unbeaten is the ideal way to go out on a very rich high.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
McGregor never stood a chance. It was all crap from promoters looking to build up the pre match hype but in reality the Notorious had no chance at all.