LIV Golf

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It does feel like ive joined Jurassic Park GC on here sometimes :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Wait until a dress code thread starts up, it goes further back than the Jurassic period at that point :ROFLMAO:

(top tip, don't ever start a dress code thread. If one does start, stay away, don't get involved. They can be very bad for you. I speak from experience o_O)

D

Deleted member 15344

Good article from Elliott Heath.

Last year when the talk was about “big players” missing majors it was just one player at the end of the day that LIv fans felt should be in the because of his performances on LIV

It’s the same again this year - with the reaction and the talk you would think that there were a bunch of the elite players missing majors

But there isn’t - far from it

It’s all about two players

One who played in all four majors last year missing two cuts and no top tens in the other - someone who has played 19 majors and has one top 25

The other player played in 3 of the majors missing the cut in 2 of them - 12 majors and one top 25

These aren’t elite players that are missing the majors , they aren’t players that push the needle or are players that the majors will be too bothered about missing

The phrase “deserves” to be in the majors gets thrown about a lot - why do they “deserve” to be in when there is a qualifying system in place

The only players that deserve to be in the majors are the ones that earn the right to be in

If Gooch and Niemann want to be in majors then earn that right , if by moving to a tour stops them then that’s their choice and it’s popular phrase “consequences of their choices”

If they really want to be in the majors then play on tours that give them the chance to earn that right

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Last year when the talk was about “big players” missing majors it was just one player at the end of the day that LIv fans felt should be in the because of his performances on LIV

It’s the same again this year - with the reaction and the talk you would think that there were a bunch of the elite players missing majors

But there isn’t - far from it

It’s all about two players

One who played in all four majors last year missing two cuts and no top tens in the other - someone who has played 19 majors and has one top 25

The other player played in 3 of the majors missing the cut in 2 of them - 12 majors and one top 25

These aren’t elite players that are missing the majors , they aren’t players that push the needle or are players that the majors will be too bothered about missing

The phrase “deserves” to be in the majors gets thrown about a lot - why do they “deserve” to be in when there is a qualifying system in place

The only players that deserve to be in the majors are the ones that earn the right to be in

If Gooch and Niemann want to be in majors then earn that right , if by moving to a tour stops them then that’s their choice and it’s popular phrase “consequences of their choices”

If they really want to be in the majors then play on tours that give them the chance to earn that right

The problem is Phil, if there’s only one tour where you can realistically reach the levels where you qualify for the majors, and the 4 majors just become an extension of the PGAT.

If things continue on the trajectory we’re on, in 5 years time LIV will have attracted even more of the talent, but the only LIV players in the majors will be those with lifetime exemptions.

I’m sorry, but that would be a real shame for the majors, for the fans, and for the game of golf.
You repeatedly bemoan the game being split on this thread, yet offer support for the people who are contributing to the split.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Really interesting very well put together documentary by The Majesticks.
Production values are very good.

No hiding from the fact they were awful in 2023 and they don't hide away from that fact.
Brutally honest at times, it's a good watch.

(y) they were a little better, but team finishing 9th is the worst spot, as still no points.

D

Deleted member 15344

The problem is Phil, if there’s only one tour where you can realistically reach the levels where you qualify for the majors, and the 4 majors just become an extension of the PGAT.

If things continue on the trajectory we’re on, in 5 years time LIV will have attracted even more of the talent, but the only LIV players in the majors will be those with lifetime exemptions.

I’m sorry, but that would be a real shame for the majors, for the fans, and for the game of golf.
You repeatedly bemoan the game being split on this thread, yet offer support for the people who are contributing to the split.
There are multiple avenues for players to qualify for both The Open and US Open - Niemann qualified for The Open after winning in Aus

There is also plenty of other ways to qualify for both of those majors and good performances in those can open up doors to other

As for trajectory - well that’s very much an unknown , many things can happen including LIV stopping as it’s still very much unsustainable and relying on that PIF money , Rahm could well have be the last throw of the dice

As for the last paragraph- the majors arent supporting the split , they are continuing to run how they have always done , just because they aren’t bending over backwards to change their rules to suit 50 golfers who decided to put wealth first doesn’t mean they are contributing to the split

The last line coming from you is laughable

The split was caused and created by Greg Norman and LIV - you are right behind that entity who caused the split in golf

Last edited by a moderator:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
There are multiple avenues for players to qualify for both The Open and US Open - Niemann qualified for The Open after winning in Aus

There is also plenty of other ways to qualify for both of those majors and good performances in those can open up doors to other

As for trajectory - well that’s very much an unknown , many things can happen including LIV stopping as it’s still very much unsustainable and relying on that PIF money , Rahm could well have be the last throw of the dice

As for the last paragraph- the majors are supporting the split , they are continuing to run how they have always done , just because they aren’t bending over backwards to change their rules to suit 50 golfers who decided to put wealth first doesn’t mean they are contributing to the split

The last line coming from you is laughable

The split was caused and created by Greg Norman and LIV - you are right behind that split entity who caused the split in golf

If you don’t think the PGAT and the OWGR are CONTRIBUTING to the split, there’s really no point in discussing the matter with you mate.

The PIF won’t back down, the series has upward trajectory, and as long as they maintain that, they’ll keep going.

You can go on ignore for a bit cos yet again, we’re back to the same points we’ve done to death, (my fault as much as yours) and don’t come stalking me on Twitter with multiple accounts like you have before. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

If you don’t think the PGAT and the OWGR are CONTRIBUTING to the split, there’s really no point in discussing the matter with you mate.

The PIF won’t back down, the series has upward trajectory, and as long as they maintain that, they’ll keep going.

You can go on ignore for a bit cos yet again, we’re back to the same points we’ve done to death, (my fault as much as yours) and don’t come stalking me on Twitter with multiple accounts like you have before. :rolleyes:

Blimey you can’t even flounce with any conviction 😂

Do remember it was you that responded to my post about the majors

And trust me you aren’t worth someone having multiple Twitter accounts ( not even sure how you can do that ) to stalk 😂😂

One day you may wake up and actually look in the mirror and see that a lot of the issues have been caused by LIV and the bottomless pit of money. Maybe you will also answer that ignored question

If LIV is that good why does is take hundreds of millions to persuade players to play on it

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Blimey you can’t even flounce with any conviction 😂

Do remember it was you that responded to my post about the majors

And trust me you aren’t worth someone having multiple Twitter accounts ( not even sure how you can do that ) to stalk 😂😂

One day you may wake up and actually look in the mirror and see that a lot of the issues have been caused by LIV and the bottomless pit of money. Maybe you will also answer that ignored question

If LIV is that good why does is take hundreds of millions to persuade players to play on it

Before I start ignoring you properly Phil, what’s your Twitter handle?

D

Deleted member 15344

So it begs the question

Who told the players they would be getting Ranking points - was that Norman lying to them to try and get them to join ?

Also it seems that LIV are not really trying to put things in place to get ranking points

Are they relying on a deal that allows them to piggy back the other tours

This is why they aren’t getting points

Not the amount of holes they play or shotgun starts etc

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wait until a dress code thread starts up, it goes further back than the Jurassic period at that point :ROFLMAO:

(top tip, don't ever start a dress code thread. If one does start, stay away, don't get involved. They can be very bad for you. I speak from experience o_O)
And for God's sake, if someone starts a thread on the "Historical Natural Standing Position" (HNSP) run for the hills. Don't look back, don't worry about anyone else, just save yourself. 👍

D

Deleted member 1147

Let's get back to the golf Chaps.

Who thinks Rahm will win in Vegas?
His game looked sharp in Mayakoba.
You’d normally say 1 in 54 chance
However with all the hackers on the LIV tour it’s got to be closer to 1 in 15