The Open (8)
US Open (7)
USPGA (6)
Regular PGA Event (2)
Fedex Cup (2)
Regular DP World Tour Event (0)
LIV (0)

Rationale;
I find the fedex and USPGA generally disappointing because they play some really uninspiring golf courses. I would make the same complaint of regular pga events, DP World Tour and LIV events too.

Augusta is a holy grail which is what draws me to The Masters (and the coverage is incredible) - also easy to learn the course over the years and you get a very good understanding of the subtleties, run offs, etc…

LIV have the money to host a tournament anywhere in the UK (alright it’s not that simple!) and they’ve picked Centurion and JCB - dull as dishwater

D

Deleted member 1147

Thought of a poll type question. If you could rate your excitement levels, out of 10, before a golf tournament, what would you give for the following (I'll give my answer in brackets)

1. Major (9, maybe 8.5 for USPGA and US Open)
2. Ryder Cup (10)
3. WGC (7.5-8)
4. Regular PGA Event (0-3)
5. Regular DP World Tour Event (0-1)
6. LIV (0)
7. TOUR Championship (6-7)
1-10
2-10
3-10
4-10
5-10
6-0
7-10

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
OFFISHAL GOLF MONTHLY LIV FANTASY GOLF LEAGUE 😂

Maybe some of the lads that have zero excitement for LIV according to Swango's poll, but have racked up thousands of posts on this thread - might want to have a go.

I'll put up an end of season prize of some sort for the winner.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

Maybe some of the lads that have zero excitement for LIV according to Swango's poll, but have racked up thousands of posts on this thread - might want to have a go.

Given what has happened previously when forummers have run a competition and offered a prize, I think we need to set the ground rules here. Picture evidence the prize exists should be enough

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Would be good to do a word count on this thread, see what is compares to. We're now on Page 788. The New Testament part of the Bible is 520 pages (just trying to think of a well known big book, this came to mind). So, I suspect more effort has been made by people on this thread to put words to paper (screen) than the effort it took to write the New Testament. Even more impressive in that, on this thread, some of us have gone to the effort to repeat the same thing many many times. But not simply copied and pasted, but gone to the effort of saying the same thing using different structured sentences and paragraphs.

The Old Testament is 1184 pages, so a bit to go before that landmark. But we will get there (and probably will get there in about a couple of hours if McIlroy suddenly announced he was joining LIV).

Keep up the good work everyone.
Ulysses has a mere 732 pages and this thread is even more frustrating and hard to read than that book. And like Ulysses I occasionally try and read this thread but give up.🙄🤷‍♂️

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

I'm in

AussieKB

Visit site

Have entered my team.....

D

Deleted member 15344

From a US Golf Forum.....

Whatever it is Monahan will find a way to screw the players other than the top 50.

Not sure what this point is - but most apparently only care about the top 50 anyway , isn’t that the players LIV wanted , isn’t that the players that everyone else wants to see play together in events. The players below the top 50 haven’t been a concern for the money men before , why the sudden change now when PGAT get investment

Swango1980

Visit site
So, we've had a decent number of results in so far. The complete results are:

1. Masters (8.8)
2. Open (8.4)
3. Ryder Cup (8.3)
4. US Open (7.2)
5. USPGA (6.7)
6. WGC / Sig Event (5.0)
7. DPWT (3.0)
8. PGAT (2.7)
9. LIV (2.0)

Just in case a couple of results might have skewed things (JamesR had 10 for everything except LIV, which was 0, while Barking Mad gave 0 for everything), the results would be:

1. Masters (9.5)
2=. Open (9.0)
2=. Ryder Cup (9.0)
4. US Open (7.6)
5. USPGA (7.0)
6. WGC / Sig Event (5.0)
7. DPWT (2.6)
8=. PGAT (2.3)
8=. LIV (2.3)

The Ryder Cup would have been top of both lists, had it not been for our resident Aussie giving is a 2 :)