LIV Golf

wjemather

Visit site
Prior to his LIV switch, the Spaniard said in July: "I do believe that some punishment should be in order, but I don’t know what. That’s for the disciplinary board and other people that are paid to do that. My job is to hit the golf ball and try to do the best I can.

Rahm has also previously admitted that he can "see the appeal that other people see towards LIV Golf". Yet he's criticised the 54-hole format. "Shotgun three days to me is not a golf tournament, no cut," the Spaniard has admitted. "It's that simple."

When it comes to being hypocrites - Rahm is prob at the top of the tree

LIV is full of golfers that are hyprocites - players that declared loyality to other tours to then jump for the money and then go on about “loyalty , growing the game” etc etc
You are selectively quoting out of context, and even then it doesn't come close to being equivalent to what you claimed.

Also, is there something wrong with your keyboard that is making you generate more white space than everyone else put together?

D

Deleted member 15344

You are selectively quoting out of context, and even then it doesn't come close to being equivalent to what you claimed.

Also, is there something wrong with your keyboard that is making you generate more white space than everyone else put together?

What is it you think was claimed ?

Rahm was very vocal about the LIV format - ✅

Anytime he was asked about the format he said he didn’t like and it wasn’t a golf tournament to him ✅

He said £400mil was needed etc

He then took the money to play in a Format that he said he didn’t like and wasn’t Tournament golf

Is he not a hyprocite then

What context is there that’s missing

Last edited by a moderator:

AddisonRoad

Visit site
It's odd that the LIV supporters amongst us on this forum desperately want an agreement with the PIF to happen. If LIV is so great and the players that have joined are such an attraction, why don't they just continue sailing in their own direction? The whole thing is a sham to get LIV's owners into the real upper crust of professional golf. They don't want to just own LIV, because it's a product with a minimal following.

As with Greg Norman, most LIV supporters (especially those on this forum) appear to mainly just want to burn down the PGA. That's fair enough, but you don't need to preten LIV is great to want to trash the PGA. It's a dud product with an unlimited budget.

When people say "LIV is getting stronger," all they mean is that LIV is just spending more money. They're not going to sell out a single event outside of Australia this year.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Blimey, this pot is still simmering away
I don't watch golf on TV now I dont have Sky, and I have no intention of sitting at a desk watching it on my PC or phone. I have no interest in LIV, so if whoever wants to go play there they are welcome. Anyone who thinks it's not about anything other than money is mad, and it's just another way for a rich nation to try and diversify it's fortunes and importance around the globe.
Sorry if this hasn't stayed on topic or offered anything constructive, but hey face..bothered. Just read back some of the rubbish and petty arguements that have been going on.
:sleep::sleep:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Blimey, this pot is still simmering away
I don't watch golf on TV now I dont have Sky, and I have no intention of sitting at a desk watching it on my PC or phone. I have no interest in LIV, so if whoever wants to go play there they are welcome. Anyone who thinks it's not about anything other than money is mad, and it's just another way for a rich nation to try and diversify it's fortunes and importance around the globe.
Sorry if this hasn't stayed on topic or offered anything constructive, but hey face..bothered. Just read back some of the rubbish and petty arguements that have been going on.
:sleep::sleep:

You know you can stream from your phone or pc to your TV?

People don't litterally watch Liv on their PCs

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
It's odd that the LIV supporters amongst us on this forum desperately want an agreement with the PIF to happen. If LIV is so great and the players that have joined are such an attraction, why don't they just continue sailing in their own direction? The whole thing is a sham to get LIV's owners into the real upper crust of professional golf. They don't want to just own LIV, because it's a product with a minimal following.

As with Greg Norman, most LIV supporters (especially those on this forum) appear to mainly just want to burn down the PGA. That's fair enough, but you don't need to preten LIV is great to want to trash the PGA. It's a dud product with an unlimited budget.

When people say "LIV is getting stronger," all they mean is that LIV is just spending more money. They're not going to sell out a single event outside of Australia this year.

I think JCB is going to be more popular than you think to be honest, its a course a lot of people would enjoy seeing and its a pull in itself.

May not sell out all 3 days but I reckon the weekend tickets probably do.

wjemather

Visit site
Unless I've missed it...it all seems to have gone quiet on the Meronk front......anything happening?
Or not happening..?
The Independent reported him as a confirmed signing yesterday.
He was apparently holed up in bed ill last week, so might not be well enough to do all the promos and pressers.

AddisonRoad

Visit site
I think JCB is going to be more popular than you think to be honest, its a course a lot of people would enjoy seeing and its a pull in itself.

May not sell out all 3 days but I reckon the weekend tickets probably do.

Not saying no one will go to JCB, but there will still be a significantly higher number at the Wentworth ET event in the summer. Given the difference in budget and field, that's evidence enough that it's not a success.

Regardless, if LIV is so great, why do all the LIV lovers want there to be a merger? I personally want LIV to go and sink or swim on its own.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

An interesting take. My observation would be that generally those wishing to have things very binary (supporter/hater) tend to be those of the entrenched position anti liv.
I suspect many of the quieter majority are less one or the other - just open to maybe watching golf professionals play wherever generally, without taking a tag of 'fan' or 'supporter'.
I'll confess to being a tad disappointed when the merger looked likely. Whilst I know some agreement is probably going to be better long term, I have actually enjoyed the soap opera to a degree. Maybe like being on season 2 of a box set and not wanting it to end 😆
I've said before, I don't see the PGAT going anywhere - too big and established. I'd like to see some prominence going back into Europe but not holding my breath. Ultimately I acknowledge that things will be decided by wealthy people and I have no control over those decisions. So enjoy the ride 👍

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

I'm yet to hear from someone who's gone and not enjoyed it. Seems like a good day out
I know quite a few, but then I'm pretty local so know a lot of people who've played it.
It's good. Not amazing. Excellent condition as you'd expect. Daft greens and a friend who ref's on tour doesn't think it's suitable for large elite pro events.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Not saying no one will go to JCB, but there will still be a significantly higher number at the Wentworth ET event in the summer. Given the difference in budget and field, that's evidence enough that it's not a success.

Regardless, if LIV is so great, why do all the LIV lovers want there to be a merger? I personally want LIV to go and sink or swim on its own.

The Wentworth event which is well established may very well have large crowds. But you actually did say that no event will sell out - and it may not, but its a slightly bold claim.

Remember in 2012 when Man City had no fans? Now the Etihad is full every week and kids carry man city backpacks to school. Establishing a fan base takes time but can be successful.

I don't care about a merger, some may, I simply enjoy the fact we get an extra live professional golf event in the UK which has big name players you would pay to see and its a very fun day out.

D

Deleted member 15344

An interesting take. My observation would be that generally those wishing to have things very binary (supporter/hater) tend to be those of the entrenched position anti liv.
I suspect many of the quieter majority are less one or the other - just open to maybe watching golf professionals play wherever generally, without taking a tag of 'fan' or 'supporter'.
I'll confess to being a tad disappointed when the merger looked likely. Whilst I know some agreement is probably going to be better long term, I have actually enjoyed the soap opera to a degree. Maybe like being on season 2 of a box set and not wanting it to end 😆
I've said before, I don't see the PGAT going anywhere - too big and established. I'd like to see some prominence giing back into Europe but not holding my breath. Ultimately I acknowledge that things will be decided by wealthy people and I have no control over those decisions. So enjoy the ride 👍

That for me is the biggest issue

All the LIV, PGAT stuff is about the US markets etc etc

But the one Area tour that really disappointed is the ET - the ranking points and finances forced the players to the PGAT at the suffering of the ET

That tour then tried to branch out but they just didn’t have the finances to attract the players and then the worst step was selling out to the DP World and renaming it 🤬

The blame sits with a number of the players who abandoned the tour for the riches of the US Tour

It’s the one realy true world tour

It plays in Europa , Asia , Africa and Aus

It has the links with the local tours

If the players really wanted to support world golf and grow the game then they could just as easily play on the ET for multiple events - bring in the points with them which encourages other players , bring in the sponsers as well

But the players don’t care about that , they don’t care that the ET is just a shadow of what it is , and LIV doesn’t do anything to help that tour and the PGAT just wants the best bits and adding token sponsers to help finances

It seems that LIV do need someone better in the comms department

They got Rahms team name wrong yesterday

And now they get his name wrong

IMG_7424.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: