LIV Golf

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I think JCB is going to be more popular than you think to be honest, its a course a lot of people would enjoy seeing and its a pull in itself.

May not sell out all 3 days but I reckon the weekend tickets probably do.

I'm certainly no LIV-ite (and don't feel particularly strongly about it either way - as others clearly do) but I'll certainly be trying to get a ticket this year as A) I want to see the course and B) like it or not they have got a pretty decent pool of players now - and with there only being 1500 other people at the event I should have no problem getting a decent view ;).

Fore Right

Visit site
Reports surfacing online that PGA Tour and LIV are going their separate ways and will be announced soon.
Jay Monahan to present the deal to players today via a conference call.

Maybe thats why Rory extended the olive branch that Liv Golfers should be allowed back to PGA Tour events with no punishment because they are not going to be under the same umbrella and the fracture remains.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I know quite a few, but then I'm pretty local so know a lot of people who've played it.
It's good. Not amazing. Excellent condition as you'd expect. Daft greens and a friend who ref's on tour doesn't think it's suitable for large elite pro events.
I’ve heard a few say the opposite,that it’s a good venue/course for pro events.
Will be interesting to see.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve heard a few say the opposite,that it’s a good venue/course for pro events.
Will be interesting to see.
Having played it and been there for the Legends Tour events I think they will potentially murder it. Whilst the green complexes are well protected the vast majority will be playing short shots into them and the putting surfaces are very good.

It does get very wet so hopefully it will be dry when they play.

They could grow the rough but the fairways are generous so that shouldn't be a problem and most of the fairway bunkering will not be in play unless they add so extra tees.

Does that make it a bad venue? Probably not but it will be a low winning score I believe.

Fore Right

Visit site
No Laying up saying that after the PGA Tour and SSG deal is agreed the PIF will acquire 25% of PGA Tour Enterprises.
With PGA Tour Enterprises being valued at 12 billion the PIF will pay 3 billion for their seat at the table.

How Liv and PGA Tour events are scheduled is still unclear.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Having played it and been there for the Legends Tour events I think they will potentially murder it. Whilst the green complexes are well protected the vast majority will be playing short shots into them and the putting surfaces are very good.

It does get very wet so hopefully it will be dry when they play.

They could grow the rough but the fairways are generous so that shouldn't be a problem and most of the fairway bunkering will not be in play unless they add so extra tees.

Does that make it a bad venue? Probably not but it will be a low winning score I believe.

I was under the impression that the legends tour didn't play off the back, but that the tips stretches it out to about 7300 yards which would be about average for a tour event no? To be honest I had thought it would be longer than that given it was supposedly designed with tour events in mind and the blank canvas that they had to work with.

Swango1980

Visit site
Would be good to do a word count on this thread, see what is compares to. We're now on Page 788. The New Testament part of the Bible is 520 pages (just trying to think of a well known big book, this came to mind). So, I suspect more effort has been made by people on this thread to put words to paper (screen) than the effort it took to write the New Testament. Even more impressive in that, on this thread, some of us have gone to the effort to repeat the same thing many many times. But not simply copied and pasted, but gone to the effort of saying the same thing using different structured sentences and paragraphs.

The Old Testament is 1184 pages, so a bit to go before that landmark. But we will get there (and probably will get there in about a couple of hours if McIlroy suddenly announced he was joining LIV).

Keep up the good work everyone.

Swango1980

Visit site
Thought of a poll type question. If you could rate your excitement levels, out of 10, before a golf tournament, what would you give for the following (I'll give my answer in brackets)

1. Major (9, maybe 8.5 for USPGA and US Open)
2. Ryder Cup (10)
3. WGC (7.5-8)
4. Regular PGA Event (0-3)
5. Regular DP World Tour Event (0-1)
6. LIV (0)
7. TOUR Championship (6-7)

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Would be good to do a word count on this thread, see what is compares to. We're now on Page 788. The New Testament part of the Bible is 520 pages (just trying to think of a well known big book, this came to mind). So, I suspect more effort has been made by people on this thread to put words to paper (screen) than the effort it took to write the New Testament. Even more impressive in that, on this thread, some of us have gone to the effort to repeat the same thing many many times. But not simply copied and pasted, but gone to the effort of saying the same thing using different structured sentences and paragraphs.

The Old Testament is 1184 pages, so a bit to go before that landmark. But we will get there (and probably will get there in about a couple of hours if McIlroy suddenly announced he was joining LIV).

And this contribution has been another valuable addition to the word count 🙄

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thought of a poll type question. If you could rate your excitement levels, out of 10, before a golf tournament, what would you give for the following (I'll give my answer in brackets)

1. Major (9, maybe 8.5 for USPGA and US Open)
2. Ryder Cup (10)
3. WGC (7.5-8)
4. Regular PGA Event (0-3)
6. LIV (0)
7. TOUR Championship (6-7)
Masters: 9 & Open: 9, US Open: 8, PGA: 7.
Ryder Cup: 10.
WGC - not sure what this is? Wiki says it finished in 2021.
Regular PGA Event: 2
DP World Tour: 3 (mainly because of Fantasy League that we're playing)
LIV: 1
TOUR Champ - another one I'm not quite sure what it is.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site

If there is an average of 38 words per post, then it has left War And Peace in the shade.
And it took me this long for me to make my first contribution.
Bye.
(38 words, including these)

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
1. Major (10)
2. Ryder Cup (10)
3. WGC (5)
4. Regular PGA Event (2)
5. Regular DP World Tour Event (1)
6. LIV (2)
7. TOUR Championship (0)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
1. Majors (Masters 8, Open 7, U.S. Open 4, US PGA 0-1)
2. Ryder Cup (9)
3. WGC (0-1)
4. Regular PGA Event (0-1)
6. LIV (0-1)
7. TOUR Championship (0-1)

I’ll watch some of the Masters & The Open every day it’s on, and usually most of the final day. Similarly with the Ryder Cup. The others I’m not fussed about at all. Golf on TV doesn’t do much for me. However, I’ll happily go and watch live golf tournaments, even down to the minor tours & regional PGA events.

For those interested in watching a live European Tour event, try and do so in Europe. The crowds are virtually non-existent, bit like a LIV event 🤣, and if you’re out for a meal/few beers you will see a good number of professionals out and about. Providing you’re sensible you will get a bit of a chat with them, some more than others.

D

Deleted member 15344

Majors

The Open - 10 , Masters - 8 , US Open 8 - US PGA 7

Ryder Cup - 10

Solhiem -7

European Tour - 7 if based in the UK ( PGA Champs )5 elsewhere

PGAT - 4 but Arnold Palmer is - 6 and any event that Rory or any of the Brits are playing in

WGC’s - no longer around but the Matchplay used to 7

Tour Champs - 2

LIV - 0