LIV Golf

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I am interested to hear of any of your trainee pro's or pro's if they are anti LIV, out here I have not heard one who does not think LIV is good, and I have played about 50 different courses since LIV started.

Have yet to hear from the Pro's who have got onto a tour of any kind say they were sorry that LIV came along, am sure they are happy to have a chance now.

Only Pro's I hear who are anti LIV are already playing on a Tour and are wealthy.
I wouldn’t know. I have met 2 people in real life that have openly said they like LiV.

It’s just not talked about, so either people aren’t interested or don’t want to say they are a fan!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why should Jay take any calls from Greg Norman - someone who has had issues with the PGAT and a clear grudge about the tour.

Monahan is responsible for doing what he feels is best for the PGAT and its players - what ever happens over the next couple of years won’t change that but the arrival of LIV back by the bottomless pit hasn’t been good for tour golf , it’s diluted the product for all and people are switching off.

PIF is not good for sport , it’s not “growing the game” and all those other tag lines that get thrown around.
Maybe if he had taken the call, this dilution wouldn't have happened. Been the big man, professional, seen the bigger picture with what was happening in world sport.

Is the PGAT stronger or weaker for the introduction of LIV? It's clearly the latter so the decision was poor and not 'for the best'.

Has the PGAT worked with LIV then we may be in exactly the same position or maybe, just maybe, we would have a set up where players slide between tours, as they do already, but with LIV added into the mix. Far better protection for their own tour.

I don't think the current set up is good for the game but LIV aren't going anywhere so either PGAT accept this and deal with it or they keep leaking money, sponsors and players.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I’m sure pros who care more about how many millions they can make than human rights do think Liv has been a good thing.

I think, however, that for golf fans it’s been very detrimental due to the dilution of fields. i know I’ve gone from someone who watched almost every pga tour event to thinking about cancelling sky sports.

Maybe in the long run we’ll end up with a better product (for those who can see past the moral issues) but I doubt it somehow because it doesn’t look like much consideration is being given to the fans.
Kaz

I've not watched many PGA events so far this year but it seems a bit of a flat start with the Hawaii event and then the pro-am season. I always enjoy the DP events with the Middle East swing and I've not really noticed a dilution in the field. I just enjoy watching whoever is in contention

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Kaz

I've not watched many PGA events so far this year but it seems a bit of a flat start with the Hawaii event and then the pro-am season. I always enjoy the DP events with the Middle East swing and I've not really noticed a dilution in the field. I just enjoy watching whoever is in contention
The field has certainly been diluted from the last couple of events to the one going on at the moment. Not LIV related but the big players (Rory, Tommy, etc) just don't play enough DP Tour events IMO

evemccc

Visit site
I’m sure pros who care more about how many millions they can make than human rights do think Liv has been a good thing.

I think, however, that for golf fans it’s been very detrimental due to the dilution of fields. i know I’ve gone from someone who watched almost every pga tour event to thinking about cancelling sky sports.

Maybe in the long run we’ll end up with a better product (for those who can see past the moral issues) but I doubt it somehow because it doesn’t look like much consideration is being given to the fans.

Again, let’s consider the ‘human rights’ in Dubai and the emirates where the Euro Tour has for years prostituted itself, and China, where AFAIK the PGA Tour have some kind of r/ship with BEFORE the sanctimony

Let’s not be too black & white and overly dogmatic about this. CONTEXT!!

Yes Saudi Arabia is clearly pretty woeful. Globalised Professional Sport in the 21st C is pretty dirty — has been for ages….THIS IS NOT NEW AND TO PRETEND IT STARTED WITH LIV IS DISHONEST

D

Deleted member 15344

Maybe if he had taken the call, this dilution wouldn't have happened. Been the big man, professional, seen the bigger picture with what was happening in world sport.
But what was the purpose of the call from Norman

He was clearly intent on creating a world tour and for 30 years was trying to find someone to fund it to then be able to finance taking the players away from the Tours to play on his world tour

He already had the likes of Mickleson the biggest hypocrite going around with loads of cash trying to get players to deflect
Is the PGAT stronger or weaker for the introduction of LIV? It's clearly the latter so the decision was poor and not 'for the best'.
All tours are diluted now - the only events that are strong are the majors but that’s always been the way anyway
Has the PGAT worked with LIV then we may be in exactly the same position or maybe, just maybe, we would have a set up where players slide between tours, as they do already, but with LIV added into the mix. Far better protection for their own tour.

I don't think the current set up is good for the game but LIV aren't going anywhere so either PGAT accept this and deal with it or they keep leaking money, sponsors and players.
The PGAT is there to look after its own events - it grew due to its success to have events every week and the players had a choice on which tour they played on providing the events didn’t clash with their home tour

LIV didn’t just create a tour - it created events in direct competition to the US tour because that’s the biggest market for golf - even now LIV still play half their events in the US still going against the PGAT

Maybe if they created a number of events outside the US - Africa , Asia , Aus etc then they may have had a bit more of better discussion

But ultimately LIV are bully tours with money - it’s a shame to see the sport being pulled apart by it but the uptake of LIVs arrival is people turning off the sport

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
But ultimately LIV are bully tours with money - it’s a shame to see the sport being pulled apart by it but the uptake of LIVs arrival is people turning off the sport
Please tell me you can see the irony in this comment. What do you think the PGAT has been for the last 20-30 years?

The reality is, the talks that are happening now could have happened, with similar outcomes, at the very beginning without the pain that has taken place.

D

Deleted member 15344

Please tell me you can see the irony in this comment. What do you think the PGAT has been for the last 20-30 years?

The reality is, the talks that are happening now could have happened, with similar outcomes, at the very beginning without the pain that has taken place.

The PGAT has always been the strongest tour for decades and every single golfer was free to qualify for that tour - they didn’t pay anyone to play on it , they didn’t put events on in Europe etc - they built upon their success and players could earn their standing and entry into majors etc - it’s not perfect but irs far better than what LIv are doing

And whatever talks are happening if PIF end up owning tour golf that’s just the end of it hence why I hope PGAT don’t go with them and then LIV can just carry on as a seperate unity - because it won’t last long then

The worst thing though is the constant crying from LIV and LIV players about how they are being treated - how they are not allowed to play on such and such event and how they can’t get points etc - they lack the self awareness that their greed caused this - the likes of BDC wanting golf to “come back together” - it was the likes of him that caused the split in the first place. They were all millionaires with lots of money - they could have turned it down and then golf just carries on as it has for the last number of decades

D

Deleted member 15344

I am interested to hear of any of your trainee pro's or pro's if they are anti LIV, out here I have not heard one who does not think LIV is good, and I have played about 50 different courses since LIV started.

Have yet to hear from the Pro's who have got onto a tour of any kind say they were sorry that LIV came along, am sure they are happy to have a chance now.

Only Pro's I hear who are anti LIV are already playing on a Tour and are wealthy.

I don’t think I have ever heard any of our pros talk about LIV

Playing scratch matches with clubs - no one is talking about it .

Clubs matches , swindles etc - it’s just not a topic of conversation

Don’t think it’s ever been on in the clubhouse - it’s mainly football , rugby , cricket on the telly

The only time golf is on or talked about is the Majors or the Ryder Cup/Solheim Cup - sorry and the PGA at Wentworth

People don’t really talk about any tour golf

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I don’t think I have ever heard any of our pros talk about LIV

Playing scratch matches with clubs - no one is talking about it .

Clubs matches , swindles etc - it’s just not a topic of conversation

Don’t think it’s ever been on in the clubhouse - it’s mainly football , rugby , cricket on the telly

The only time golf is on or talked about is the Majors or the Ryder Cup/Solheim Cup - sorry and the PGA at Wentworth

People don’t really talk about any tour golf
Think that says more about your clubhouse. We always have the golf on Sky on the main TV and there is another screen if people want to watch the football or whatever other big event is on. I am often talking with my PP's during a round about "so and so's shot" or did you see...... and discussing who could win that weekend. Being near Wentworth the talk often ramps up around the BMW time and of course most members are interested in the Ryder/Solheim cups. I know LIV has been discussed over a few beers in all of our weekend roll up groups as has the state of the DWP and PGAT so it is being talked about in the circles I mix in

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Think that says more about your clubhouse. We always have the golf on Sky on the main TV and there is another screen if people want to watch the football or whatever other big event is on. I am often talking with my PP's during a round about "so and so's shot" or did you see...... and discussing who could win that weekend. Being near Wentworth the talk often ramps up around the BMW time and of course most members are interested in the Ryder/Solheim cups. I know LIV has been discussed over a few beers in all of our weekend roll up groups as has the state of the DWP and PGAT so it is being talked about in the circles I mix in

Our manager sends out a weekly round up on a Friday afternoon of what’s happening at the club etc, but it always starts with a mention of the latest pro golf news -todays will mention Rory and Dunlap, but if it’s LIV related it also gets brought up - Rahms signing, Brysons 58 etc.
1st time I walked in our clubhouse after the Centurion event last year, the boy had his Rangegoats hat on, and there was a fella sat one of the tables wearing a Stingers cap. Gave a knowing nod to each other. 👍

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't know anything about Kim, I wasn't watching golf when he was playing. Was he any good? Who's to say he'll be any good now if he hasn't played at the top level for so long? Is this really a big story?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Our manager sends out a weekly round up on a Friday afternoon of what’s happening at the club etc, but it always starts with a mention of the latest pro golf news -todays will mention Rory and Dunlap, but if it’s LIV related it also gets brought up - Rahms signing, Brysons 58 etc.
1st time I walked in our clubhouse after the Centurion event last year, the boy had his Rangegoats hat on, and there was a fella sat one of the tables wearing a Stingers cap. Gave a knowing nod to each other. 👍
Caps on in the clubhouse? Oh the horror 😫 😂

AussieKB

Visit site
Still no one replying on how the Pro's at the bottom have now got a Tour to play on.....if it was me I would be over the moon to have a Tour to play on when there was none.

D

Deleted member 15344

Still no one replying on how the Pro's at the bottom have now got a Tour to play on.....if it was me I would be over the moon to have a Tour to play on when there was none.
Which tour do you mean ? In Europe the Euro Pro stopped because of a lack of money